Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Dr. John Mcguire vs Dr. Trace Curry

1. bessie.marshall
    bessie.marshall
    So I'm in the process of choosing doctor's. I live in Eaton, Ohio so everything is a drive for me. I don't care about travel time I care about the best doctor and who will care for me properly before-during-after surgery. I have a friend who had Dr. Mcgurie and would not recommend anyone else. Does anyone else have any views?
  2. Neurorat
    Neurorat
    I love McGuire! I like him as a person and as a surgeon. His partner, Dr Teel, did my surgery. I wouldn't go anywhere else )
  3. jkutcher
    jkutcher
    I used Dr. Curry and would NOT, NOT, NOT recommend him. I had a post op gastric leak and his offices' lack of response to my repeated phone calls and requests for help were virtually ignored. I was actually told to "settle down" and "sip, sip, sip" more. I knew something was wrong and they wouldn't listen. I requested to see him instead of the nurse practioner and was told "that's not how it works here". In the end, 3 weeks later I was admitted in serious to critical condition by my kidney doctor to the hospital. 3 days later Dr. Curry showed up at the hospital and was "surprised" no one had called him. His response to the discovered leak was (and I quote) "well, it's just a small little leak". Well, it was small but I was septic, so in this case size really didn't matter!! He and his office damn near killed me. I would recommend ANYONE over Dr. Curry and his staff.
  4. erinspice
    erinspice
    I can only say my experience with Dr. Curry was like jkutcher but a year+ later I still have a feeding tube attached, and have no stomach at all. Dr. Curry has HORRIBLE after care, especially if there are any complications. Please do not use him. Jenny and I are blessed to be alive. I was septic - every single organ of my body had infection on it when they cleaned me out (at a different office). I was eventually referred to, and am still under the care of, Cleveland Clinic. Run far away from Dr. Curry!!! Another good surgery doctor is Dr. Christopher Northup and he works out of Mercy Fairfield. I REALLY owe him my life.
  5. erinspice
    erinspice
    I believe Dr. Northup's first name is Christopher, but he goes by Joseph/joe.