Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How did you hear about Dr. Quinones?

1. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I wanted to know who told you all about Dr. Quinones, and what made you decide to choose him? If you found him on your own can you let us know the details?
  2. Smitlien
    Smitlien
    I started to google for surgeons in mexico and that's how I found him. I'm going for surgery january
  3. Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    Flutrby429@yahoo.com
    I asked several people I knew that had GS in MX who they used, how they liked their experience and costs. Judy said she was using Dr. Q. I was given the name of 4 Dr. I read info on each doctor. I found that all of them seemed to have a good following. My ultimate decisions was based on testimonies, experience, where I would be staying and cost. I felt like Dr. Quinones gave the best of all of those things
  4. Olga1o1
    Olga1o1
    Christy Estabrook told me about him. She had surgery in Mexico too, but I think with a different doc. She liked her doctor but said she heard a lot of great things about Dr. Q.
  5. DragonsLoard
    My first choice was Dr Almanza. But after reading about the number of surgeries he performed in a day my husband started having second thoughts. We both feel that Dr Almanza is a top notch surgeon. While my husband was reading about the different Dr's in Mexico he came across Dr Quinones. That lead him search google, yahoo and different VSG forms. After reading all the positive things about Dr Q from his patients he took the next step and called Henry. The main factors in choosing Dr Quinones are: 1) Dr Q seems to give a personal touch to his patients 2) Santa Fe Clinic might not be a hospital by USA standards but the fact that it its staffed by nurses and a Dr at all times is a big Plus. 3) Having a private room for myself and allowing my husband to stay with me another BIG Plus. 4) Having D Q visiting me while I am in his care at the hospital. 5) Knowing that Dr Almanza was trained by Dr Quinones.
    6)Dr Quinones is Proctor Certified 7) Cost
  6. judy79
    judy79
    Pheonix told me!
  7. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    I scheduled with Dr. Almanza back in March 2012 to have my surgery in October. I then started talking to you, Phoenix and you told me about Dr. Quinones and about your surgery and the price you paid and the care that you received and so I asked Almanza for my money back and scheduled with Dr. Quinones and it was a great decision on my part. Thank you girlfriend!!
  8. zmdh39
    Lol, I found out about him through your blog posts, questioned you to death, and then booked.
  9. Dunamys
    Dunamys
    I found him searching online but to be honest my first option was dr. almanza because this name is everywhere butttttt I decided on him because to be honest I preffer to have surgery in a hospital than a clinic. Plus henry has been so nice and has taken care of all my concerns that I feel I chosee the right place. Also my mom is traveling with me and she hated the idea of a little clinic. Im not talking bad about dr A im just really happy with my decision to stay with Dr. Q .......!!!
  10. ItCldBeSweet
    ItCldBeSweet
    I googled weight loss surgery & found Dr. Almanza & this website. Then I found you & you were the one that made me decide to go with Dr. Quinones. After reading your posts & getting emails & phone calls from you right away, I knew I would not be happy unless I went with Dr. Q. Sheri & I decided we would go at this together & she is going with Dr. Q as well. We have the same surgery date! (26 days & counting) Woo hoo
  11. judy79
    judy79
    Dr Q became an overnight sensation. At this point he is everywhere and I'm glad he is getting the attention he deserves!!!
  12. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    If I remember correctly I think I saw Judys post about her surgery cost and that made me look further.. Then Phoenix told me fresh out of surgery herself.. Thank you both !!!!!!!!!!!! I had a really hard time finding any info about him and his patients.. Now there is a lot more info available.. Once I knew I was going wih Dr Q I basically was in TJ two month later.. . I emailed Henry... and said schedule me ASAP
  13. lindmar
    lindmar
    I found out about Dr. Q & a few other docs from reading posts on this site. I filled out a medical questionnaire, Henry called me, I asked for references, emailed & called several of you wonderful people, and booked it! I had such a smooth experience & love Dr. Q & the staff!

btw - I chose Dr. Q over several other doctors & chose self-pay even tho I have insurance coverage. I would not have been able to have the surgery using insurance until about August by the time I satisfied all their requirements. AND my co-pay would have been MORE, so to heck with them! So glad I'm done & losing instead of going through another miserable summer. I just got off an airplane about an hour ago (was in Alaska with my honey for the Iditarod) & the seatbelt not only buckled, but had extra room!!!
  14. judy79
    judy79
    Wow Lindmar, I think I would not had waited either!!!

Thanks Gemini
  15. Eleanorrose
    Eleanorrose
    My answers are similar to DragonsLoard, except I did my own research (I am a widow, so it would had been hard to have my husband do the research). The only different is I contacted Indy(is that her name) by e-mail. I did receive the info I needed, but honestly I have never felt any personal touch, but I guess that happens when I get there. Eleanor Rose
  16. judy79
    judy79
    Cann Henry, he gives straight up answeres and you will never be called sweetie more in your life. I always stayed in close contact with Henry!!! Any questions you have, I would suggest to call him to get that personal WELCOME touch!!!