Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Newbie post op

1. Scoobie61
    Scoobie61
    Hi folks,

Just joined today, not quite sure how to navigate around the sight yet. 51 Yr old female from Upstate NY. Looking for any suggestions, concerns, advise. Thanks!
  2. Beverlyp
    Beverlyp
    Welcome! This site is great. It is very informative and supportive weather you are ptre or post op.
  3. Debiosbo
    Debiosbo
    I'm post op also will have gsatric sleeve in Feb 2013 and I can't wait.You will love all the info you can get from every one on this site. I'm from Washington State
  4. kity2498
    kity2498
    I will be having my gastric sleeve in 10 more days in Cincinnati!! Nervous...nervous! but excited as well. Good luck to us all.
  5. ChrisJ
    ChrisJ
    My surgery is in Grand Rapids, Michigan in 5 days. Nervous and happy and wondering how I will feel and what life will be like...all at the same time!
  6. Lcardullo
    Lcardullo
    Welcome! You're in the right place! Plenty of support and information for you. I'm from south Florida and I had my sleeve done 9 days ago.
  7. DebbieNTexas
    DebbieNTexas
    Welcome, great place to be!! Lots of info and most important lots of support!!
  8. maja
    maja
    I had my sleeve done 11 days ago in Stockholm Sweden, feel great, full of energy. Just have to watch myself not eating to fast
  9. Kay4
    Kay4
    Welcome! I agree...GREAT place to be. I am 1 1/2 months post op. Tons of info on this site. If you can't find answer just ask away.
  10. JazzyJackie
    JazzyJackie
    Welcome! Be sure to follow your surgeon directions. I'm coming up on my one year on the 13th. I am so happy that it's behind me. I went from size 22 to size 10, off both blood pressure meds and I lost 70 lbs. I started walking in April. I could hardly walk down the street, but I kept at it. Now I'm up to 5 miles three x week. If I can do it; anybody can do it. God bless and again, welcome.
  11. mamapassy
    mamapassy
    Hi all, I turned 55 this year and everything started to fall apart! High blood pressure, diabetes, aches, pains... Had a band placed in 2006 but was one of the failures, still weigh the same as before, just vomit more :/ Hoping for a revision to a sleeve in March. I'm excited to see how other 50+ ers do with the surgery.
  12. Jasper
    Jasper
    Did you have your sleeve, I will be having revsion from band to sleeve. Had may complications in the last year with band.
  13. joanaheter
    joanaheter
    Hi I am in my preop almost done with all my ins requirements. I am hoping after may 3 that my insurance will give the go ahead...I have been overweight most of my adult life, also diabetes, and high blood pressure...I will be 55 this year...Hoping that I will be able to get off all or at leave most of my meds..Wish I had this done a long time ago...
  14. Ms. S
    Ms. S
    Hi everyone! I turn 55 in Aug. and having the sleeve surgery on July 8th. I'm glad I found this site as there is a lot of info & support. Even reading about some complications has been helpful so I have a clearer picture of possible feelings my body might encounter. Reading JazzyJackie's post was inspiring. I can't even imagine how much better I could feel with a 70 lb weight loss...here's hoping this will be the year I find out!
  15. amayzme
    amayzme
    Hello everyone . my sleeve is scheduled for january 5, 2014. so excited yet nervous
    i am 59 yrs 5'6" tall and am looking at about 100# to get rid of. i read.about these amazing losses and am encouraged. God bless you all for being here... what a wonderful support group !