Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello Tacoma girls

1. BethJane
    BethJane
    I'd love to talk to some of you and see how your'e doing.....email is rohrus@yahoo.com
  2. alund1984
    alund1984
    Hi there, I don't live in Tacoma but federal way. Technically I'm not a Tacoma girl but I do work in Tacoma. What has your experience been so far? I'm 6 weeks post op and doing well. Hope to hear from you soon.
  3. luluinwa
    luluinwa
    Hi I'm fromRenton. My surgery is the 16th of Feb. I can't wait. I saw you had surgery in Mexico. I'm having mine in TJ. Did you have stitches that need to be taken out? Also what did you do about a post op visit? Any help you could give me I'd appreciate.
    thanks so much and good luck on the weight loss.
    Marty
  4. BethJane
    BethJane
    Wow! alund you are from Federal Way and went to Almanza about 3 weeks before I did. I am doing well, I have one incision having a hard time finishing up healing on the outside. Went to doctor twice about it. This week I have eaten mashed potatoes and scrambled eggs, and definately can feel some pain when it drops into my tummy, although I chew a lot and swallow small, and there seems to be some quiet burping, too, when I ate the mashed potatoes or egg... don't know why.......so I am in full training and not prone to much experimentation. I have never had any nausea other than the first night in recovery. I don't feel like introducing new foods here and there, don't feel like testing my sleeve, it takes me several days to adapt to a food before I try something else it seems. I am happy with things so far, not feeling frustrated about anything. I feel I could live the rest of my life on what I do now, I only miss the social aspect of food, like eating out with my husband, but that will pass as I heal. I am very amazed at the whole process. There's one guy from Tacoma who is leaving for Almanza's tomorrow, maybe we will have a meetup at starbucks all of us come spring.....would be cool to see us all in our chubbier selves, then again in our thinner selves!!!
  5. alund1984
    alund1984
    BethJane, I would definitely love to get together! I too felt very ok with how I was eating the first few weeks out and didn't care TOO much when I looked at something and new I couldn't eat it. But things are changing a little bit now. I am 2 months post op and I'm finding that I can eat pretty much anything, except of course salad and crisp vegetable which we can't have until month 4 (this is hard for me because I love salad). I'm really battling the mental hunger and knowing that it is "time" to eat because it's dinner or lunch or breakfast or snack time, lol. I am eating little bites of anything, as long as I chew it well and don't over do it. While I'm still losing, though slow and steady, I'm nervous for the time when I can no longer lean on my surgery and need to rely on better habits. I don't eat much, but I do choose to eat some things that I know I shouldn't (like ice cream). It felt so good after surgery to eat it because it goes down smooth. But I think I'm also finding that I am not doing well with milk. I usually stick with soy or almond milk for cereal, but the ice cream has made me throw up once, but not every time. I need mental help I think, lol.
  6. alund1984
    alund1984
    Marty, I informed my Primary Care Physician about my surgery and asked them if they would remove my stitches. They agreed as long as it didn't appear to have anything wrong with my incisions. I did have a small infection, but luckily they still took out the stitches. My incisions opened up a lot after they took them out because I think I removed them too early (10 days post op). But my skin was growing over the stitch so they said it was necessary. But now my scars are larger than I would have liked. Advice: use vitamin E gel capsules, break them open and rub into your scars, this will help reduce the appearance of your incisions as they heal. I've been doing it about 1 week and I already see a difference. Good luck in TJ!
  7. fraumort
    fraumort
    Hi there, not Tacoma but Puyallup! I am scheduled for my sleeve on the 12 of March! Will be starting my 2 week pre-op diet on Monday. Will be eating at the Melting Pot in Tacoma on Saturday for the last time. It is a favorite celebration dinner place for me and my husband. We will celebrate a new life! I am having my sleeve done at Madigan. Feeling nervous and excited!
  8. Kailianna83
    Kailianna83
    I am extremely late to this post but I am from Tacoma and I found it refreshing to find others from my part of the world.