Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Fellow New Yorkers....

1. jessika
    jessika
    I haven't had my surgery yet. I am still in the very beginning stages of pretesting, etc. Has anyone else here had the surgery?
  2. mbd
    mbd
    I had my surgery on August 30, 2011.
  3. Sussysue
    Sussysue
    Hi

I am pre-op. I have my surgery date November 30th. Can't wait

Sussy
  4. jnjsmom03
    jnjsmom03
    mine is 12/10...can't wait either!
  5. Laura630
    Laura630
    I go in for mine on the 9th of January....And I feel like i am making the best choice for me...but at the same time nerves!!
  6. HELLIE
    HELLIE
    Hey I am just starting my journey with Dr Clarke of Ellis Hospital can anyone tell me how there surgrey was and how much they have lost
  7. Lea
    Lea
    i am hoping for a surgery date late March 2012 at St Peter's in Albany
  8. aclabombard13
    aclabombard13
    I had my surgery with Dr. Clarke at Ellis Hospital in Schenectady on 5/24/2012
  9. Ceasar10
    Ceasar10
    Hey New Yorkers, just saying hello! I live in Rockland County Ny! My surgery will be end of July or first week of August! I am nervous but know I have to do this! I am looking forward hearing from all of you!
  10. iluvmytrooper
    iluvmytrooper
    I'm from Rockland too!!!!
  11. secondoldest
    secondoldest
    Hi pre op live in upstate New York, nice to meet fellow New Yorkers
  12. curvygalgettinsmaller
    curvygalgettinsmaller
    Hi everyone! Happy New Year! I noticed this group hasn't been active in a LONG TIME!! IT IS 2014!! It's time to get it rolling again!! I used to be afraid of that term (Weebles wobble but they don't fall down) - that used to be a torment thrown at me as a child! So happy to be doing something about it (finally)!!

I am born and raised in New York City - is anyone from Manhattan (or the boroughs here that has had the Sleeve surgery)? I am ending my 7th week, and down over 30 pounds. I would love to meet others (either online or in person) to talk, trade recipes, meal plans, and/or exercise!! What a great way to start the New Year - on a healthier track!!

Have a great day!!
  13. curvygalgettinsmaller
    curvygalgettinsmaller
    UPDATE: I'm ending my 9th week and down over 40 pounds - WOOHOOO!!!! Let's get-together!! It would be nice to be able to meet like-minded (and sleeved) folks!! I work in Midtown near Lincoln Center - a beautiful area. Would anyone like to get together for a cup of coffee or a bite to eat? There are many wonderful places - a great Chinese place nearby - we can get soup and share an app (or two ) sshhh Anyone interested, please PM me directly and give me your contact info, and I'll give you mine.

Looking forward to meeting!!! It will be fun to have new friends who have a shared experience - we can all help each other!!!

Have a great day,
    Rachel
  14. curvygalgettinsmaller
    curvygalgettinsmaller
    Hey Guys - the weekend is almost here - WOOOOHOOOOO!!! I can't wait!!! If any fellow NYers are interested in getting together - please message me. I'm trying to get a group to meetup this Sunday in downtown Manhattan.

Have a great day,
    Rachel
  15. sunsetwaves
    sunsetwaves
    Hey all,

I just logged on today after not being on for some time. Just finally finished my midterms (I am a adult student who returned back to college). Since I missed the last meet up, I'd love to meet up when anyone is down. I live in Long Island but I do drive so anyone who is interested, I am down! (I am in Manhattan twice a week for school by the way).

thanks!