Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

December losers!!!

1. judy79
    judy79
    How are you this day, week, month, or year. We want to know yout trials, and progress! I qam gonna weigh Wednesday, so I'll update then!!!
  2. judy79
    judy79
    Yall are no fun, you suppose to share with all your Dr Q peeps:/ Its motivating to me to hear the success of others...
  3. germensano
    germensano
    Hey Judy im very happy, everybody its noticing my loss. from 277 to 240 on 10 weeks. NOT Bad, slow but stady. This surgery ROCKS!!!
  4. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    Im down 21 pounds and its been 25 days.. Not a steady loss. Comes in spurts for me. I lost a whole tire around my waist and its super noticible. My weakness has been chocolate candies such as hershey kisses and such. a few a day for a week straight.. Not a big deal but enough to slow my loss down. I am still losing though.. but id like to see what happens if I can keep my chocolate fix under control lol.. I had a fat lump on the back of my neck that made me look like the Hunchback of Notre Dame. THATS GONE ALREADY!! YAY!! getting in my protein and fluids and jogging and running 2.5 mi and then also 3.3 mi at a time for the last two weeks. Im basically eating and drinking anything I want already and no issues. Ive had a tiny amt. of red wine. Ive had a small drink of soda just to see what would happen and nothing happened.. I made a small burp and it was fine. I am drinking from a straw just fine. Ive had carbonated grape cider and no issues.. My bowel movements went from regular to hardly any every two to three days. Starting a softner to see if that helps.. I have plenty of energy and have not even wanted my addicting dark coffee from starbucks. Instead im getting just an iced green tea unsweetened.. I like it that way the best. Onderland isnt that exciting for me since I hit it like in a week and ive been here most my life. But the 170's now thats something to get excited about and thats my new years goal!!! I worked 60 hrs last week and still managed to make food to take to work, and workout after.. WOW! Thats what Im looking at this week too.. When do you think you will be getting your sugery? AND.. CONGTRATS on the pre op.. keep it up! BTW I am also curious about some updates. Not many people have been very forthcoming on their progress.. WHATS UP WITH THAT??
  5. judy79
    judy79
    Girl, March?? But I plan on dropping 30 more pounds by then! Congrats, thats a huge success!!!
  6. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    Judy I am down 35 lbs now and had my surgery on October 23rd! I posted before but I didn't see anyone else do it.
  7. judy79
    judy79
    Thats amazing!!! Can't wait to have a victory of 35 pounds!!!
  8. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    Oh boy.. well March will be here before you know it.. I saw someone post on here about a girl on tube. Here name is Erica and she is documenting her journey. I think its ericavsgjourney.. anyway a little annoying to listen to each video but shes pretty consistant and right now to date I think she is 7 or 8 months out. She looks so good...!!! She is exactly my age and my build and we both have PCOS and just a lot of similarities .. its really nice to compare to her. And see skin and stuff.. She consistantly loses 4-5 pounds a week for the most part.. However she doesnt seem to have meals really. Mostly shakes and jerkys and stuff.. Anyway her hair loss has stopped and it wasnt the worst ive seen.. ANother thing is that she was able to get the gall bladder prevention meds for 6 months. This is one thing I wanted Dr Q to give me and he refused and I asked a few times. This kinda made me mad really! He assumes every single patient will need it removed so why bother with the meds.. Anyway .. whatever Im still miffed about that! I wanted the meds damn it.! I really hope everyone gets on here and updates the status of their gall bladders!! Check out the channel if your interested.. I finally broke down and bought ISOPURE which has 50 grams of protein in 1 scoop and 100 cal.. I mean you cant beat that!!. I just hope its tasty. Gonna be hard to beat the stuff I was drinking which was sooooo freaking good like a dessert all day long.. I hope the ISOPURE and the working out really makes a diff for me this next month.
  9. judy79
    judy79
    Sorry to hear about your gall bladder, Dr Q is suppose to remove a huge cyst off my left ovary! If not it meqans major surgery here in Houston Where do you get that protein at? I'll get some next!!
  10. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    ISOPURE is sold many places. I got mine at Vitacost.com. they have free shipping over 49 bucks and I used a coupon code. The reviews say bananna is the tastiest flavor... Which is what I got.. Ill let ya know. I have many cysts on my ovaries as that is what PCOS is. But the last doc didnt mention removal.??
  11. judy79
    judy79
    Mine is 10 cm in diameter
  12. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    Whoa now thats a golfball..! mine are tiny in comparison. I do have a 2 cm gallstone though.. Lol..
  13. ahilton
    ahilton
    Reading Gemini and Judy's posts: would be interested to see how many of us suffer from PCOS???? Most of my life, I just tried to deal w/ the infertility issues that came with it, as well as the cysts that would burst, but didn't see the long term effects on our health. Glad to know I am not the only one w/ PCOS who has battled obesity and we are finally going to BEAT it!!!

So proud of all of you and so excited/nervous to join you. I go on 12/10 and getting a little apprehensive.

Please keep us posted on all of your successes and not so successful ventures. We can all learn from one another.
  14. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    Im curious to as how much weight phoenix has lost since shes the furthest out.. Also very curious to know everyones sleeve size. Did everyone get a 32 or 36?
  15. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    @Gemini your not suppose to ask a lady how much she weighs!! LOL, I am joking but let me kill the curiosity, I do not mind sharing... I do talk to someone who had surgery with Dr. Sergio Quiñones Moreno, before I have which is actually how I found more about him. It has been a while since we talked. I am unsure how current her weight loss is but last I heard she had lost 61 lbs down as of November 2012, she had surgery March. 04. 2012. I had surgery on Friday July, 06, 2012, I have lost a total of 27.75 inches all over my body, but I didn't not start to measure myself until July 16th, 2012 so it is possible I lost more, but I will claim what I know I lost for sure. In body weight I am down 55-57 lbs total and if you had surgery you know why I say 55-57 lbs. if you have not had surgery it is because you can fluctuate up to 5 lbs for a few days. Even though I got to 57 lbs I gained 2 lbs back and sure I will be back at 57 lbs lost. Then don't let my weight loss discourage you all because my weight loss is slower because I have not been 100% by the book more like 60% and I stopped working out I need to start back up and the fact I am African American we tend to have slower metabolisms and lose slower.
  16. judy79
    judy79
    Weigh in Wednesday. 225.4. From last wednesday when I was 229.4 thats 4 pounds!!!
  17. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    Phoenix thats wonderful.. Thanks for sharing.. Yes i know about the few pound fluxuation.. on any given day im either down 21 or 24 pounds now.. But kinda stalled for a week until this morning down another pound.. YAY!! I hope to keep my loss a little slower so I can get a head start on the loose skin before it slaps me in the face Lol.. I didnt know AA lose slower or slower metabolism.. Thats interesting... And.. I wondered how you found dr Q. thanks again for sharing..
    judy.. U rock girl.. Keep it up and u wont need the money for wls.. Instead take a freaking vacay with your skinny butt!! Lol
  18. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    @Judy that is great I need some of your will power but hopefully after this month with school etc. I can wind down and catch up on a few projects I have going on.

I found him through a search of Bariatric Surgeons GIRL I SEARCHED HARD AND LONG, You will be VERY surprised about some of the surgeons people are using past. Anyways, I went to find his patients I met one I PM her and she told me I could call her she gave me her number, I told her I had tons of questions about her experience etc. I had PM other patients but she was the only to respond. I called her a few times before my surgery, I didn't have no reserves about TJ been there done that. I was curious about her own weight loss, and how she found the doctor. She just moved she gave me her new number but I been too busy to call her. MATTER OF FACT her photos is on the FB page.

Yes, African American's have slower metabolisms and we tend not to lose as much weight as non-African Americans who have bariatric surgery. Our body fat composition is different as well, we carry more fat in our hips, butt, thighs, and back by our arms. Due to lack of government interest in such facts and correcting calculation in determining our actual body fat, muscle mass, etc. We have no real idea on what we should weigh. The BMI does not account for the additional lean muscle, and our much heavier skeletal bones. After their findings researches have suggested that the BMI be changed for AA's and possibly considering it to be ethic specific. I posted some articles in African American Weight Loss on what evidence I had about these facts. After talking to a group of NON-AA's who had surgery when I did I am about 20 lbs more than them. I do not know how much they started off weighing but still.
  19. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    Wow i had no idea.. You would think they would have this info catagorized by now..
  20. judy79
    judy79
    Dang, that news to me?? I took my weight and got 3 different weights at one time, I'm going to upgrade my scale tomorrow. Any suggestions for a great Walmart scale?
  21. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    IDK. I have two nice scales and they both do that. In fact when looking at reviews about scales I found most bathroom scales have this issue. I weigh myself over and over and over on both scales. What ever number comes up three times is the one I keep. Lol.. Amazon has good reviews on diff scales
  22. judy79
    judy79
    I already got this one at walmart, ill just exchange and pay the difference.
  23. gemini*eyes
    gemini*eyes
    Thats a good plan. Let me know if the new scale does the same thing.
  24. judy79
    judy79
    Its good. Weighed in at 224
  25. judy79
    judy79
    Lost another pound. Down to 223. Dang it takes a long time with no sleeve. I don't expect to lose alot, I just want to be lighter by the time I'm on that table so they can lift me back to bed lol
  26. judy79
    judy79
    Down another pound since yesterday 222.6 pounds babbbbyyyyy
  27. judy79
    judy79
    Can't get off that 222