Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello

1. Northern girl
    Northern girl
    To all my Alberta friends! Don't we live in the best province ever.
  2. BindyMae
    BindyMae
    Yes, I believe we do! All I can whine about is this cold weather we're having. I live near Vermilion, where are you?
  3. jdurant
    jdurant
    Grimshaw!!!!
  4. JudyW
    JudyW
    I live in Lloydminster not too far from Vermilion. And yes it is the best province.
  5. Northern girl
    Northern girl
    Fort McMurray
  6. itsallaboutme
    itsallaboutme
    Hey guys..Happy New Year and I Hope all is well... I live in fort mcmurray.
  7. mrsomaha
    mrsomaha
    I live in Edmonton. have my surgery scheduled for March 18th, 2013. Happy New Year!
  8. Truffles
    Truffles
    Hi, mrsomaha! I'm in Edmonton, too. Southwest.
  9. Miss Bean
    Miss Bean
    I live in Red Deer but work in Fort McMurray in camp. I have lived in many parts of the country as I served 20 years in the military. I got to pick any where in the country to have them move me when I retired and I choose Alberta as my husband and I both had family here. Yes it is the best province in the country, and I know that for a fact. I see we aren't a big group but something tells me that we are going to grow and grow. There are 2 other girls that are going at the same time as me and one of the chef's here went last summer. What a great way to keep connected.
  10. KerrBear
    KerrBear
    I am in Fort McMurray. I notice there a few of us. I just had my surgery on March 4th and have not been able to find any support here, my own Dr. refused to even take out my stitches or even talk to me about the surgery as she called it "cosmetic". Any fellow McMurrayites have a good Dr. willing to work with them?
  11. Truffles
    Truffles
    Your doctor refused? I don't think they can do that. I think you should contact the College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta and lodge a complaint.
  12. KerrBear
    KerrBear
    I am seriously considering it Truffles.
  13. Pinkyjay
    Pinkyjay
    KerrBear who is your Dr. I am going to my Dr on April 10 to talk about the surgery. I am scared she will be the same... If you want I can see what she has to say.
  14. KerrBear
    KerrBear
    It was Dr. Helen, but needless to say, she is fired. That was probably where I went wrong, I did not talk to her about it before the surgery, I was worried she would talk me out of it and my mind was made up. I have spent the last two years losing the same 50 lbs over and over again and I was sick of always gaining it back, so my mind was made up, and I wasn't about to jump through the hoops that they make you jump through here just to be put on a waiting list here in Alberta. I am taking some time off work right now anyhow and Mexico got me in right way so it all happened very fast, and was meant to be. K
  15. Pinkyjay
    Pinkyjay
    Oh lord that is who I see too! I have the same worries as you that she going to talk me out of it. I asked her about an insulin pump years ago and she told me it was for lazy people so I can only imagine what she will say about this.
  16. KerrBear
    KerrBear
    You never know, she might surprise you. But I wouldn't hold my breathe. I am so disappointed in her. I brought her my x-ray from the surgery and she wouldn't even look at it, she said she wouldn't even know what she was looking at. She didn't want anything to do with it. Maybe if she knows you are going in advance she will educate herself? It blows my mind that I can get better health care in Mexico than I can get in Fort McMurray. I love this town, I grew up here and it has been very good to me and my family, however, this doctor situation needs some work
  17. Pinkyjay
    Pinkyjay
    I hear you! She is so good in most things as a doctor. But it comes to this type of thing she is... very black and white there is no gray area. I love Fort McMurray too, I wasn't born here but its been my home for the past 6 years but its hard to get the support here doctor wise. I wonder would the Primary care network be any help? Have you tried the Day Spring Medical Clinic for your stitches? Dr. Aniki also takes walk ins and he is accepting new patients, from my little stint working at the hospital he seemed good to deal with.
  18. Sweetessa
    Sweetessa
    Go to Dr. Arruj or Dr Elmsallati! They are both very supportive of WLS especially Dr. Arruj. They see it as what it is -obesity as a medical disease and surgery is a tool to make you healthy. I see Dr. Arruj and he is the one who put me in contact with my surgeon, he is guiding me through all the pre operative steps.