Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Family

1. KensBarbie
    KensBarbie
    Hi All-
    I am Italian and wanted to create this group because basically as you know Italians live to eat! I wanted to know if others are experiencing "grief" from some family members? It is very difficult for some of mine to accept that I will not be eating pasta, bread, cheese, olives, meatballs, cannoli or tiramisu anymore....LOL.

Any thoughts?
  2. Sashie1977
    Sashie1977
    Hi I'm Italian too, and I am dreading Christmas. There are so many of us round the table though that those who don't know, don't really notice. My Nonna(who knows about my surgery along with my parents) can't understand why I'm not hungry! lol She keeps wanting to feed me. You CAN eat pasta, bread, cheese, olives, cannoli and tiramisu....just less of it. I don't deny myself anything because I know I don't have the stomach capacity to binge on it anymore. xx
  3. KensBarbie
    KensBarbie
    Sashie--Thanks for your response!! Welcome to the group! I get my sleeve on 12/18/12 so my family is like "OMG--you cant eat anything!!" LOL do you guys do the huge FISH Feast on Xmas eve? That is my favorite meal...
  4. Sashie1977
    Sashie1977
    Ah sorry, I didn't realise you hadn't had the sleeve yet.

We do the big fish feast on Xmas eve, I love it! Although this year I may only manage 2 clams and a little bit of fish! lol xx