Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Good Morning! WL Seminar today!

1. DebbieNTexas
    DebbieNTexas
    I'm going this morning. I went to one with my husband, but I'm going to a different doctor, hopefully. I decided to not wait until he's completely healed and recovered because I know it can be a long process. And I can always change my mind, but can't see that happening. I'm excited! My Husband can't believe I still want to go through with it because he's having such a tough time. I told him, "because you're a MAN" (sorry guys). My husband makes for being the worst patient!! I have the attitude that if I'm going to go through the physical risk of having surgery then I plan on going by the book of what I need to do for best success! (hopefully I won't be eating my words).

Anyone else at my stage, or just want to share? I haven't seen any posts lately.
  2. Kay4
    Kay4
    Almost 3 weeks out and it is the best thing I have ever done for myself. I would for sure do it all over again. Only wish I would have done it sooner.
  3. blklab70
    blklab70
    My surgery was 4 Oct and I would do this again in a heart beat! No regrets even when it is tough to choke down another yogurt. Mine was a revision from lap band and wish I would have done this first. Good luck, keep us posted!
  4. parisshel
    parisshel
    I'm still in the consulting stage (I've seen one surgeon but his fees were too high so I'm consulting with another) but I share your attitude. When the surgeon asks me why I think I'll be successful with the Sleeve, I tell him that I would never not comply with post op directives! This is such a massive decision and requires 100% committment...really, who would voluntarily get most of their stomach excised and NOT do the rest of what it takes to take the weight off?
  5. Gailrp
    Gailrp
    Had my surgery Oct 22nd. Very happy so far. Feel good. Recovery was fairly easy.Follow the phases and you should not have any issues. Good luck.
  6. DebbieNTexas
    DebbieNTexas
    Glad to see the positive comments.

The seminar went great! Now I am scheduled on the 29th for the consultation with the doctor, nutritionist, therapist, etc. I'm guessing tests also. Well as long as my insurance gives the go ahead. They said they would not operate on anyone with Sleep Apnea without a C-pap. I was diagnosed about 10 years ago or so, but never really felt any relief from the c-pap so quit using it. (Not smart I know). My husband was diagnosed first and he changed "overnight"!! Not me. Soooo, I guess I will need to be retested and start wearing it. :/ ...........to be continued
  7. SaguaroSanctuary
    SaguaroSanctuary
    I had my sleeve on 30th January 2012. It was the best thing I have done for myself in years! I promised the surgeon I would follow his instructions faithfully and now I am reaping the rewards. I'm 57 and just LOVE MY SLEEVE! As I lost the weight, I have had a lot of fun shopping in op shops and 'trading in' my bigger clothes (best alternative while losing weight). When I reach my goal, I'm shouting myself a new black leather jacket.
  8. Minty
    Minty
    I went in pretty sure it would be rough as had a lap-band that had gone bad and Lupus. two things that here in the states would not allow for a gastric sleeve. Sure enough woke up with a tube in my nose and had complications. That was June 22, 2012, it was a rough recovery but within 2 months out was doing great. Now have lost over 60 lbs and feel like a new woman. Would do it again in a heartbeat.
  9. CathyBERN
    CathyBERN
    You wont regret it, I am almost 4 months out, lost almost 60 pounds, feel so alive now. Very long way to go....
  10. DebbieNTexas
    DebbieNTexas
    Good to hear about the successes! Can't wait for the shopping and trading part. Black leather jacket sounds like a great reward. Sorry Minty about all of the complications, but sounds like you've turned them all around.
  11. vickybeads
    vickybeads
    Had my EGD on the 12th; pre-op class on the 13th, along with hospital pre check-in and chest x-rays; EKG and oxygen/stress test on the 16th. Surgery is tomorrow. Full clear liquid diet today. I'm so ready!
  12. DebbieNTexas
    DebbieNTexas
    Alright Vicky!! Best wishes for a smooth recovery! Let us know how you are doing!!