Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Over 50 and ALOT to LIVE FOR!

1. skinnygirlla
    skinnygirlla
    Hey everyone I am at the beginning stages of this journey, I have read alot about the Mexico hospitals but still trying to learn more about the doctors, etc. I will be traveling by myself from Louisiana sometine after the first of the year, so any input that you can share would be great!
  2. dbarnes7
    dbarnes7
    i to am in the research phase. I plan on having mine done on Jan 20th. I am still researching doctors and facilities.
  3. dbarnes7
    dbarnes7
    i to am in the research phase. I plan on having mine done on Jan 20th. I am still researching doctors and facilities.
  4. skinnygirlla
    skinnygirlla
    well at least you have a date, I am not even at that point, what facility are you leaning more to?
  5. skinnygirlla
    skinnygirlla
    well at least you have a date, I am not even at that point, what facility are you leaning more to?
  6. bev
    bev
    Hello, I had mine on 2/21/12. I stayed in the hospital for 5 days. I had a hernia repair too. I weighed 224, and size 22. I now weigh 168, size 14, no more sleep apnea, no more reflux, no more insomnia. My insulin dose went from 55 units 2x a day to 12 units 2x a day. I had pain for 2 days, it was worth it. The 2 week liquid diet was more painful and I am now planning on moving to CA as soon as I have a job offer. I have a lot to live for and so do you
  7. RussianBlue_x2
    RussianBlue_x2
    Check out Dr. Ramos Kelly. I love, love, love him. He is very kind, a terrific surgeon who has worked at a major US trauma center. He visits and talks to you every day, sometimes multiple times. He is never in a hurry when it comes to his patients. Check him out. It was the best thing I have ever done and it took about 15-20 years off. I feels like I am in my 30s again. Best decision I ever made!
  8. RussianBlue_x2
    RussianBlue_x2
    Check out Dr. Ramos Kelly. I love, love, love him. He is very kind, a terrific surgeon who has worked at a major US trauma center. He visits and talks to you every day, sometimes multiple times. He is never in a hurry when it comes to his patients. Check him out. It was the best thing I have ever done and it took about 15-20 years off. I feels like I am in my 30s again. Best decision I ever made!
  9. TucsonAmy
    TucsonAmy
    My surgeon was Alberto Aceves in Mexicali. He is not the cheapest one, but was one of only two MX sugeons featured in Newsweek as the best in North America. I drove from Tucson to Mexicali and drove back home on day three. I have lost over 112 lbs and have never felt better in my life.
  10. TucsonAmy
    TucsonAmy
    My surgeon was Alberto Aceves in Mexicali. He is not the cheapest one, but was one of only two MX sugeons featured in Newsweek as the best in North America. I drove from Tucson to Mexicali and drove back home on day three. I have lost over 112 lbs and have never felt better in my life.
  11. TucsonAmy
    TucsonAmy
  12. BCmomabear
    BCmomabear
    I had mine done with Dr Almanza. The surgery went well for me, but I have been encouraging people to look for a surgeon who works more in a hospital setting as he works out of a clinic. It felt a bit like a cattle run and I don't know how they cope with abnormal events as eceryone is moved about a lot "en masse". I think it is better to spend a little more, especially if you have any existing health challenges. As i said, my surgery went well, but weigh your options well.
  13. BCmomabear
    BCmomabear
    I had mine done with Dr Almanza. The surgery went well for me, but I have been encouraging people to look for a surgeon who works more in a hospital setting as he works out of a clinic. It felt a bit like a cattle run and I don't know how they cope with abnormal events as eceryone is moved about a lot "en masse". I think it is better to spend a little more, especially if you have any existing health challenges. As i said, my surgery went well, but weigh your options well.
  14. BCmomabear
    BCmomabear
  15. 5DogMa
    5DogMa
    Dr. Garcia at Mi Doctor Hospital was fantastic. It's a real hospital with a great staff and doctors. The hospital is small but clean and the nurses were sweet and caring. Dr. Garcia is a nice man and very experienced surgeon. We would use him again. We went through Ready 4 A Change and Alma was our coordinator. She's fantastic. Good luck on your journey. We're going back to TJ for plastic surgery.
  16. skinnygirlla
    skinnygirlla
    Thank you all for your input, as you all know this is very confusing, scary, etc. Myself, like many others have health insurance, but they do not cover the procedure so looking for a place that is cheaper and it seems that Mexico is the place. Hearing all of your input truly plays a big role in my decision, thanks again.