Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Doctor Selection for VSG Surgery

1. mekac1290
    mekac1290
    Hello first off all your discussions have been very informative. My question for you who are post op how did you decide your surgeon being that there are quite a few in Mexico . Of course my first thought would be go with the one cheapest that's just being honest but I know sometimes that can be not so wise.Looking for some feedback please thanks. Praying for victims affected by hurricane Sandy...
  2. AngelNP
    AngelNP
    For me, my sister was sleeved in Mexico in August and had an awesome results. I went through the same company, Medical Tourism...the gal that hooked my sister up with the surgical team, is doing the same with me. I'm going to a different location than her...but I believe it will be just as awesome experience for me.

Hope that makes sense.
  3. Dyanne4293
    Dyanne4293
    I did exactly as you are doing now and spoke to many people on this site. After speaking at length with a nurse who had her sleeve done by Almanza - I made my decision.
  4. Phranquie
    Phranquie
    I asked a lot of questions form people who had surgery. I wanted a doc who was very experienced and had done many surgeries. I felt like I knew what to expect with the clinic and the treatment and I chose Almanza as well. I know there is some controversy with him but my experience was really good. He has had the surgery himself as has several of his staff and they answered all questions from personal experience.
  5. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    I was told about my surgeon from another girl that I made friends with on the board. I went with him because he was $4,000.00 and that includes your hotel room and everything. Well I found out I loved my surgeon and he works out of a small hospital in Tijuana and it's nice and clean and staffed 24 hours with a Dr. and nurses. My surgeon also staples and sutures so there is no chance for leaks. I had an amazing experience in Tijuana! I am glad that I chose Dr. Quinones!! I didn't chose Dr. Almanza for some personal reasons that I don't care to post on the board.
  6. itchycat55
    itchycat55
    research, research, research...I did lots and looked up rankings of the Mexican doctors and how many surgeries and if they had US training, etc...
  7. Kim247
    Kim247
    I read the boards, talked with other people who had gone to Mexico and chose the closest entry point which was Tijuana. From there I looked at the surgeons, prices and recommendations then made my decision. I had VSG on Sept. 24th with Dr. Garcia and have done fabulous! The healing was easy, I'm eating and feel great! I would highly recommend the surgery and Dr. Garcia as well as his staff to anyone who was on the fence about what to do. I had many reservations but trusted my instincts and went for it. I'm so glad I did it.