Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

tired of being single

1. esthermarie
    esthermarie
    Finally after all this time I am tired of being single. I have tried the online thing but I swear, just because I am overweight doesn't mean I am easy. Give me a break! Have you had that experience with the online thing? Maybe I should be content with being the crazy cat lady. Not that I have ever been good at dating. Socializing, yes...dating, no. I never pick up on the social cues when a man is flirting with me. My friends have always been prettier than me so I never think anyone is looking at me, I just figure they are trying to hook up with my friends. But I won't go out with just anyone either. Not gonna settle, not gonna go out with Mr Wrong just so I am not alone either. Guess when it happens it happens. And if some dude I like now likes me more when I am thinner, what does that say for them...shallow or human? Like it or now, we are attracted to what we are attracted to. lol..just putting it out there for discussion.
  2. TLHM1970
    TLHM1970
    I have done the online dating thing. From what I understand the majority is out for one thing. I always tell them up front, I'm not out for sex. I want a relationship based on love and mutual respect, and spiritual beliefs. I hold myself up to a higher standard and have morals. I put it right on my profile, If you can't respect that, then don't contact me. I have more love, confidence and self respect for myself and if you can't respect that, then your not worth my time. LOL I have had several dates. The first guy was out for sex, the 2nd I was not into. Now I just went out with the 3rd guy and he is great. He is heading to mexico soon for gastric sleeve. So we have that in common. I'm not so sure if this friendship will go any where, but we spend at least an hour everyday on the phone talking (he travels a lot with his job) and have gone on 1 date. So will see. Don't give up! You never know who is right around the corner. I know the more weight I loose the more men I attract. Just the way it is. Most men are very visual and physical while women are more emotional and spiritual. Just the way it is unfortunately.
  3. TLHM1970
    TLHM1970
    I have done the online dating thing. From what I understand the majority is out for one thing. I always tell them up front, I'm not out for sex. I want a relationship based on love and mutual respect, and spiritual beliefs. I hold myself up to a higher standard and have morals. I put it right on my profile, If you can't respect that, then don't contact me. I have more love, confidence and self respect for myself and if you can't respect that, then your not worth my time. LOL I have had several dates. The first guy was out for sex, the 2nd I was not into. Now I just went out with the 3rd guy and he is great. He is heading to mexico soon for gastric sleeve. So we have that in common. I'm not so sure if this friendship will go any where, but we spend at least an hour everyday on the phone talking (he travels a lot with his job) and have gone on 1 date. So will see. Don't give up! You never know who is right around the corner. I know the more weight I loose the more men I attract. Just the way it is. Most men are very visual and physical while women are more emotional and spiritual. Just the way it is unfortunately.
  4. TLHM1970
    TLHM1970
    sorry for the double post and I can't figure out how to delete it. UGH my computer is acting up or this site. again, sorry.
  5. esthermarie
    esthermarie
    true that I don't give up, I just put it aside for a moment and try again. And I am always up front about my age, body type and what I want and don't want. Funny, I can say more of what I don't want rather than what I do...time to break the negative thinking. I did make one really good friend out of my adventures in online dating. The rest, well it was all about sex for and trying to get some. I figure if it goes instantly to call me on the phone or email off the dating site, that is the big red flag. NO BUENO! To each their own, there is someone for everyone. Looking for that romantic gentlmen...all things in good time.
  6. esthermarie
    esthermarie
    true that I don't give up, I just put it aside for a moment and try again. And I am always up front about my age, body type and what I want and don't want. Funny, I can say more of what I don't want rather than what I do...time to break the negative thinking. I did make one really good friend out of my adventures in online dating. The rest, well it was all about sex for and trying to get some. I figure if it goes instantly to call me on the phone or email off the dating site, that is the big red flag. NO BUENO! To each their own, there is someone for everyone. Looking for that romantic gentlmen...all things in good time.
  7. BBARB
    BBARB
    I did lots on on line dating. And lots not on line. I guess i am the last that can give advice here sInce i am still single. I met lots of man looking for sex but also friends and mOre than a couple (3) relationship. So i cannot say that it is all made of man seeking for sex but the Percentage is quite high. I may be also not good in read between the line, since i am not of this country.
    Anyway i am tired of datIng and seeking. I decided tO give it a break ans enjoy my frIends instead
  8. BBARB
    BBARB
    I did lots on on line dating. And lots not on line. I guess i am the last that can give advice here sInce i am still single. I met lots of man looking for sex but also friends and mOre than a couple (3) relationship. So i cannot say that it is all made of man seeking for sex but the Percentage is quite high. I may be also not good in read between the line, since i am not of this country.
    Anyway i am tired of datIng and seeking. I decided tO give it a break ans enjoy my frIends instead
  9. esthermarie
    esthermarie
    That is true Barb, I saw that as well, swinger couples, folks looking to cheat ect. I still keep my eyes open but I don't do the dating sites anymore. I get out, enjoy my friends and I am joining a gym this weekend.
  10. esthermarie
    esthermarie
    That is true Barb, I saw that as well, swinger couples, folks looking to cheat ect. I still keep my eyes open but I don't do the dating sites anymore. I get out, enjoy my friends and I am joining a gym this weekend.
  11. esthermarie
    esthermarie
  12. mommyducky
    mommyducky
    I met my husband (soon to be ex) online on a site called okcupid. He was (is) the love of my life and he also gave me my precious little girl. But I had to end it because of financial problems and it sucks but I am trying to move on. The online dating is rough but sometimes you do find the right person. It usually happens when you least expect it. When I met my husband at first, I had zero interest in him as more than a friend. Then somehow I fell for him. And I will always love him. I only hope I can find someone new who will be better for me and my daughter. It is a tough scene these days.
  13. Truebody
    Truebody
    Esthermarie - I absolutely empathise with your initial post. I have simply resigned myself to being too weird. Online dating is not ever going to work for me as I seem to have the type of temperament that needs to grow on people.