Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Cell Phone Use in Mexico

1. Toomuchme
    Toomuchme
    Does anyone have any suggestions for what the best way to have cellular service in TJ? Do any carriers offer roaming? Is reception good or not worth the trouble? I've heard of cell phones you can rent...Does anyone know anything about these? Any help would be appreciated!
  2. Selah117
    Selah117
    Good question. I'm interested in hearing responses as well.
  3. Selah117
    Selah117
    Good question. I'm interested in hearing responses as well.
  4. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    I went to Mexico with a prepaid I had was like 1.26 a minute best bet is to use google voice on your ipad. I used the hospitals phone when I was there and aim people with my laptop
  5. Phoenixrise
    Phoenixrise
    1.26 is an exaggeration but that was in 2007
  6. sisaj
    sisaj
    I have AT&T and mine work just fine and because my family called me we have free mobile to mobile. I think my phone bill was only around $10 more than normal.
  7. ConnieDelacruz
    ConnieDelacruz
    you have to be careful if you use your phone...when I went to Mexico awhile ago my phone was cloned and they racked up my bill to over 3000 thank goodness my cell company took care of that bill
  8. Toomuchme
    Toomuchme
    Thank you for the information everybody! That was my fear...to end up with a $3000 bill or something. I have AT&T also. They said if I added the international monthly plan($5), it would be
    56 cents a minute, 99 without. That $1.26 per minute hasn't gone down much. That's the best option I've found so far.
  9. Enfury8me
    Enfury8me
    You need to have a nationwide plan with roaming. i couldn't get out at all because I didn't have it.