Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hi my friends

1. NEANER
    NEANER
    Geez what a weird few days. My feelings have been on a roller coaster. Have you guys got a little freaked about your upcoming surgery? I have actually been trying to talk myself out of this whole thing. But then it is back to reality. I have to do this because I won't do it by myself the other ways.
  2. Lucy61
    Lucy61
    I've been up and down too, but more up than down, I'm excited to change my body and get a tiny tummy to help me get control of my eating, because right now it's out of control, and like you said, I can't do it by myself, I need help too.
  3. justme1
    justme1
    As some one who reached my goal today I can tell you that you are about to undertake an amazing journey. Put aside your fears and lean on your faith! You will be in my prayers! Chele
  4. ChrisJ
    ChrisJ
    I'm waiting for a call from the insurance coordinator to see if I am approved, denied, or they need more hoops to be jumped through. She just left her name and number on my answering machine. GRRRRR!!!!! I want to be nervous like you, Neaner and you, Lucy61 but especially...at goal like you, Justme1. I started this journey in January...it seems like forever! Congratulations, Chele and Good Luck, Neaner and Lucy 61...I'm excited for you!
  5. ChrisJ
    ChrisJ
    I'm waiting for a call from the insurance coordinator to see if I am approved, denied, or they need more hoops to be jumped through. She just left her name and number on my answering machine. GRRRRR!!!!! I want to be nervous like you, Neaner and you, Lucy61 but especially...at goal like you, Justme1. I started this journey in January...it seems like forever! Congratulations, Chele and Good Luck, Neaner and Lucy 61...I'm excited for you!
  6. ChrisJ
    ChrisJ
  7. ChrisJ
    ChrisJ
  8. ChrisJ
    ChrisJ
    Ok, I'm not that excited! It just didn't show up so I kept hitting reply. OOPS!
  9. Beverlyp
    Beverlyp
    A few days out I started thinking what am I doing? During these times I read my list of why I wanted to have this surgery and that tended to put things in perspective again. My motto was: if GOD brings me to it, HE will bring me through it. As a matter of fact I went into surgery expecting to have a Duodenal Switch, I came out with a sleeve due to unexpected scar tissue prevented the ray or DS. So I think GOD over ruled what I thought I wanted, but HE knew what I needed! Just keep the faith and all will be ok.
  10. Beverlyp
    Beverlyp
    A few days out I started thinking what am I doing? During these times I read my list of why I wanted to have this surgery and that tended to put things in perspective again. My motto was: if GOD brings me to it, HE will bring me through it. As a matter of fact I went into surgery expecting to have a Duodenal Switch, I came out with a sleeve due to unexpected scar tissue prevented the RNY or DS. So I think GOD over ruled what I thought I wanted, but HE knew what I needed! Just keep the faith and all will be ok.
  11. helloitsmecami
    helloitsmecami
    Haven't been sleeved yet but I'm very much looking forward to it. Congrats on reaching your goal. And God Bless on your upcoming surgery.
  12. NEANER
    NEANER
    Thank you guys. I think because. I got my approval for sure, for sure it really has scared the crap out if me. I work in a hospital now. I have been at this since January as well. Went through all my insurance loops. I am really glad I did. I did learn a lot. I guess I know this is going to happen soon so I am having my questions now. I know God guides me because I talk to him constantly. My liver disease will be so much better without the extra weight. After all it was my liver doctor that started this whole journey. I just need to calm down and realize that this is what I need to do.
  13. fit2bfabulous
    fit2bfabulous
    I'm getting sleeved tomorrow (Monday 22nd). I am so nervous and excited at the same time...how is that possible?
  14. CathyBERN
    CathyBERN
    It is so worth it, I am three months out of surgery and down 50 pounds. Not saying it was easy but so worth it. Good luck with yours.
  15. CathyBERN
    CathyBERN
    It is so worth it, I am three months out of surgery and down 50 pounds. Not saying it was easy but so worth it. Good luck with yours.
  16. butterscott
    butterscott
    Hello, this is my first blog, and my surgery will be in about two or three weeks and I can't wait. I am notafraid. I am feeling priveleged and exicited to start my life again. I want not to be invisible and for people to see me, and not just see thru me. So just take a deep breath and pray to god and move forward. We can do this. Gods got it under control!
  17. LWillowwood
    LWillowwood
    For those of you who haven't had surgery yet - your feelings are perfectly normal and most of us have been on that roller coaster - the "OMG what am I doing" to "OMG - I can't wait to have this done" and everything in between But it'll be OK - and you WILL be thinner and healthier in just a few months. You will still have to make good food decisions, but the tiny tummy (for you sleevers) or the malabsorption for the bypassers will make that weight loss so much easier. I'm 6 months out, 50 lbs down and over halfway to my goal. I could be further along but MS prevents alot of exercise in my case so I have to rely on food restriction more than most do since I can't work off the calories with a brisk walk! You really won't regret this if you are like the rest of us. I will mention one negative though - I have found that 50+ year old skin doesn't suck back up as quickly after weight loss as 30 year old skin did but I'll take that problem anyday compared to the ones that I had when I was 50 lbs heavier!! Good luck to those waiting and congrats to those who are on track or at goal!