Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Please do tell....

1. Nursedee
    Nursedee
    Has anyone crossed the border recently without a passport? I need to book my flight and I don't have time to get a passport.
  2. robinette
    robinette
    I went to Mexico from San Diego in August. I didn't have a passport. Had my driver's license and birth certificate and got back into U.S. with NO trouble at all. I wasn't the only one without a passport...they didn't bat an eye. Good luck!
  3. Nursedee
    Nursedee
    Thanks! Robinette I needed that confirmation!
  4. Nursedee
    Nursedee
    Got over without it but for the sake of the driver who has a Visa that can be revoked, I wouldn't suggest it. He told me he could lose it transporting people without passport. He was so nice I felt guilty.
  5. princesa
    princesa
    My sister went well over a year ago and she called to confirm before she went if a passport was needed to get back into the states. They said she just had to have applied for it and have the proof. That is the same thing I did. Made sure I had the paperwork showing I applied, my birth certificate, social security card, driver's license (or state ID if you don't have one). Coming back to the states, it was very early in the morning so the medical lane was closed, so we actually had to get out of the van and go thru customs with all of our bags. The line was very short. My traveling companion had a passport but I didn't. Just handed him my ID, he asked why I was there and what city/state was I born in, where I was going and that was it. Never mentioned or asked for a passport or for my birth certificate or social security card. Not sure if it's any different if you are in the medical transportation vehicle and going thru the medical line but I think my sister did and she was just fine.
  6. princesa
    princesa
    My surgery was on 2/2/13 so things were still the same.