Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello Coloradoans!

1. Band2Sleeve
    Band2Sleeve
    Just want say Hi and thanks for being here. This is kind of my second time around for this sort of thing. I currently have a lapband and have a surgery date set to get a gastric sleeve at the end of this month. One of my mistakes with the lap band was not reaching out for support, so I'm going give this my best shot. I've learned that it is really important to stay in touch and connect with other people that have gone through something like this. It is a good way to stay focused and on track for the best success with weight loss and making life long changes to the way I eat and relate to food.
  2. Kimber
    Kimber
    Good luck to you. I am a little over a month into my new life and I am learning how to go out to eat with my husband and friends now. I love the weight lose and have had no problems with my sleeve. What part of Colorado are you in?
  3. Kimber
    Kimber
    Good luck to you. I am a little over a month into my new life and I am learning how to go out to eat with my husband and friends now. I love the weight lose and have had no problems with my sleeve. What part of Colorado are you in?
  4. Kimber
    Kimber
  5. Kimber
    Kimber
  6. Kimber
    Kimber
  7. coloradodawn
    coloradodawn
    Welcome! You're going to do great with a sleeve! I'm almost 11 weeks postop, and I feel amazing! It's not just the weight-loss, it is the better way I feel everyday. This site is awesome for ideas, support and answer-finding. We're all here for you, so don't be afraid to lean on us!
  8. ink
    ink
    Hi everyone! Im so glad there is a Colorado group =) this is so exciting. Im having my sleeve surgery in 8 days (March 25th)..Best of luck to you on your new adventure!!
  9. patty83
    patty83
    Hi!

Did any of you go through Kaiser? If so, how was your experience?

P~
  10. Mikamom
    Mikamom
    @Patty.... I'm going through the process with Kaiser now. With my Kaiser plan I was able to schedule an appointment with a bariatric doc right away (no referrals needed). The doc approved me for the surgery. After the doc appointment Kaiser had to put a referral in the system for me. That took about 2 weeks. After the referral was approved by Kaiser I then had to go to a nutrition and psyc appt (these were 2 different appointments). I also had to attend a 2 hour class on my surgical options. After attending these appts/classes I had to schedule a follow up appointment with my doc. It was at the follow up appt that my surgery date was scheduled. I have my surgical pre-op appt on 6/17... tomorrow (they will order blood work and do all of the preliminary registration/tests). This appt takes 2 hrs. Lastly I will go in for surgery on 6/20/2012. So in a nutshell it took about 3 months from the initial appt w/ my bariatric surgeon to get to my surgery date. I'm in southern Colorado and this is the procedure w/ Kaiser, however it may be different with other states. Hope this helps and good luck to you!
  11. PRMama
    PRMama
    Wow 3 months is nothing! I have to do 6 months of weigh ins and special diet aka eating healthy which isn't to far off from how I normally eat. I met with a surgeon in TX but now I need to find one in the Springs cuz we just moved here. I also have to meet with a psychologist and then I wait for surgery to approve. Hoping to have my surgery in Nov but we shall see. October is my last month for weigh ins.