Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Welcome to the group!

1. Truffles
    Truffles
    Hi, I'm from Edmonton and I had my surgery August 24, 2012 in Mexico with Dr. Almanza.
  2. Plumpalicious76
    Plumpalicious76
    Hello im from Fort McMurray and i had my my surgery September 15, 2012 in Mexico with Dr. Almanza.
  3. sassylassie
    sassylassie
    Hello from Grande Prairie. I am scheduled for surgery 12/12/12. Nice to meet others from AB
  4. Northern Sleeve
    Northern Sleeve
    Hello I'm from Fort Mcmurray and im scheduled with Dr. Almanza through weight loss agents, on october 23rd, how did everything for you all?
  5. Truffles
    Truffles
    It went well for me except the night of the surgery. Prior to the surgery, I knew I could not handle Demerol (vomiting) and the clinic was aware of it. However, whatever pain medication they used after surgery (surgery was morphine, which I handle really well) must have been a close chemical cousin to Demerol because I threw up all night.

I had the foresight to get a prescription of Tylenol #3 filled prior to the surgery (my GP wrote it for me), so as soon as I got to the hotel the following morning, I started taking those instead of their pain medication. I immediately stopped throwing up and started feeling better. So now I know that I react to more than one synthetic pain medication and that I should stick to opiates.

I don't consider that a fault of the clinic, though. It's just something new I discovered as a result of the surgery, just like when I discovered my Demerol reaction.

The only other thing that hiccuped my recovery was the healing of the incisions. Two of the five incisions gapped and I have had to put Polysporin on them daily. I still have one that is not quite healed although the Polysporin/bandaid has stopped for about 3 days. It's almost there, though.

Today is 7 weeks for me and I'm down 40 pounds. I would do it again in a heartbeat, even with the throwing up all night.
  6. Northern Sleeve
    Northern Sleeve
    Thank you for sharing!!! it helps to know a few people from my own province and even my own town have been down this road and have had such great experiences,
  7. jdurant
    jdurant
    Hi
    I'm live in Peace River and my surgery is November 29th with Dr Garcia.
  8. Big_SlaveLaker
    Big_SlaveLaker
    Hi
    Jamie here, from Slave Lake.
    Surgery date was Sept 3 with Dr Almanza in TJ.
    There is a Karen from Fort Mac who had surgery the same time I did whom I am trying to find to say hi.
    Let me know if you cross paths.
  9. oduke
    oduke
    Hi everyone im from alberta as well high river to be exact i just came here to look to se what other people are going threw before and after surgery i am on the fence about getting the sleeve its something i want but scared at the same time.....and advice would be great like recovery what food you now eat what protin powder shakes are the best.... Would you do it all over again. Thanks everyone
  10. ur63
    ur63
    Hi, I am from Calgary and I had my surgery with Dr Alvarez in Mexico on the 13 Nov 2012. The Dr was amazing and even had a large Hiatal Hernia fixed up that was found during surgery. No Nausia hardly no pain in fact no pain with the pain killers that was given. Felt great. I gone by myself and had no trouble coping on my own.
  11. slapperuski
    slapperuski
    Hi, I am from Medicine Hat and am having my surgery with Dr's Cabrera and Valenzuela on January 28, 2013. Has anyone from Alberta used these surgeons? Any information/helpful hints you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
  12. mrsomaha
    mrsomaha
    Getting excited heading to Mexico March 16th surgery date is 18th with Dr Almanza, can't wait. countdown is on 36 days
  13. Romaniangel
    Romaniangel
    Hi my name is angel, I'm from Calgary. Surgery date is July 16,with dr Cabrera Garcia at mi doctor hospital. I hope these 4 1/2 months fly by
  14. Daphne
    Daphne
    Hi All, Just had my surgery on Sept. 17. Any advise you can give me would be really welcome!