Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Cincinnati area doctors??

1. kr_peanut
    kr_peanut
    Anyone in Cincinnati area see Dr. Curry? Thoughts on him or any other doctor in Cincinnati area?
  2. kalipso2
    kalipso2
    i'm in cleveland but used dr. curry for my lapband surgery in 2008. i continued to see him during the first 2 years after being banded and lost all my goal weight. then something went wrong and i started throwing up all the time. i got down to a very sickly weight before i went back to see him. turns out my band slipped. i wish i could afford to have him do my revision but honestly, i'm still paying for the lapband surgery from 2008!

everyone in his office is amazing. to this day, i still email him questions and he replies within a day. i'm going to mexico for my revision and he's so awesome he's agreed to continue to see me after my sleeve surgery. most surgeons wouldn't do that!

the only negative thing i can think of is that i never saw him after my surgery. i spent one night in the hospital since i traveled so far and i never saw him after the operating room. even for band adjustments, you don't always get to see him. usually its one of his assistants but he's a surgeon. all my incisions healed great and are hardly noticable.... and had no complications.
  3. angel face
    angel face
    Sorry -- I had mine done at the cleveland clinic -- dr. schauer. He and his staff were great.
  4. CherBear
    CherBear
    I see Dr. George Kerlakian at Good Samaritan Hospital. He is with the TriHealth group. I love him because he talks to you like a normal person and doesn't use a lot of big words that no one knows what they are or mean. We also have a group meeting every month to discuss what we are going thru with our journey.
  5. CherBear
    CherBear
    I see Dr. George Kerlakian at Good Samaritan Hospital. He is with the TriHealth group. I love him because he talks to you like a normal person and doesn't use a lot of big words that no one knows what they are or mean. We also have a group meeting every month to discuss what we are going thru with our journey.
  6. CherBear
    CherBear
  7. kity2498
    kity2498
    I'm seeing Dr. Trace Curry in Cincinnati for my gastric sleeve. I am scheduled with him on Dec. 14 and am already a scardy cat!! I feel he and his staff are very helpful and I have confidence in him. It is just the idea of surgery and pain that gives me the willies!!
  8. kity2498
    kity2498
    I'm seeing Dr. Trace Curry in Cincinnati for my gastric sleeve. I am scheduled with him on Dec. 14 and am already a scardy cat!! I feel he and his staff are very helpful and I have confidence in him. It is just the idea of surgery and pain that gives me the willies!!
  9. kr_peanut
    kr_peanut
    I went in to see him today for the informational seminar. I am hoping that all goes quickly and smoothly and I can have this done by the end of the year.
  10. kr_peanut
    kr_peanut
    I went in to see him today for the informational seminar. I am hoping that all goes quickly and smoothly and I can have this done by the end of the year.
  11. erinspice
    erinspice
    I have nothing good to say about Dr. Curry. His negligence after surgery nearly killed me. A year after my surgery I am now without a stomach and part of my esophagus, have a feeding tube, and have chronic feeding and pain issues. After six weeks of lack of care and severe symptoms I switched to Dr. Christopher Northup in Fairfield and he was amazing. Sadly I was so badly sick at that point that he transferred me to the care of Cleveland Clinic. I absolutely love the CC staff and I had Dr. Matthew Kroh and love him. Dr. Northup is a great doctor, though, and his staff is super helpful and friendly.
  12. bessie.marshall
    bessie.marshall
    erinspice this terrifys me! Ive been looking into seeing Dr. Curry, I've actually already paid the $200 and scheduled and appointment. Thanks for your info, I'm going to look into more options. This is a major decision and after reading your input Ive found several "unhappy" patients of Dr. Curry's. I will still see him for my initial appointment and see if I get a "feel" for him. Thanks.
  13. jkutcher
    jkutcher
    I had my sleeve done by Dr. Curry and I highly advise you to run like hell from his office. While the intro seminar and things pre-surgery seem awesome, the post op care is a NIGHTMARE!! I had a post op leak that, dispite my repeated phone calls and my begging for care was ignored. I saw the nurse practioner, she was a joke. She blew off my complaints and told me to "calm down" and to "sip, sip, sip". I begged to see Dr. Curry and was told "that's not how we do things here". 3 weeks later, my kidney doctor admitted me to the hospital because I was so damn sick.In the end, I had a leak on my incision line. I was in serious/critical condition when admitted. When Dr. Curry showed up at the hospital 3 days later, he was said, and I quote "Well, it's just a small leak". It may have been small, but I was septic so size doesn't matter in this case. He minimized my situation and didn't provide any decent follow up care. RUN, RUN, RUN from his office, he is a joke. A nurse at the hospital actually said to me: "Dr. Curry is good if nothing goes wrong, but things tend to go wrong with him and he leaves his patients out in left field". So, think hard and long before using him.
  14. Moose'sMomma
    Moose'sMomma
    I have Been working with Dr Brad Watkins from UC Weightloss In West Chester. My friend had her surgery in Mexico but is seeing him for follow up and recommended me. The staff is really nice, although unique in sense of humor. All in all I have had a really good experience. He also prides himself in having zero patients wh have leaked and does the trifecta when it comes to sealing the incision. Very personable and has been a pleasure to work with. My PCP recommended Dr Curry and his staff have been stalking me with emails and phone calls. I finally had to say no thank you I am with someone else, now stop calling. I would recommend Dr Watkins while heartedly at this point in my journey.
  15. nicknack40
    nicknack40
    I agree with the lady above. Dr watkins is awesome. My surgery is February 27th 2103. He is very exceptional with all the info you need to know and have a safe surgery experience before and after surgery.
  16. Moose'sMomma
    Moose'sMomma
    I too am having my surgery with Dr Watkins on the 27th! I believe I am at 3 pm, looks like you are the morning shift? How's the pre-op detox going? Day 1 and glad one day is behind me.
  17. NurseM
    NurseM
    My surgery date is March 4th, 2013 with Dr.Curry. Everything is going great so far. No problems.
    I read some of the horrible stories about him. I'm sure every doc has had someone who has had a bad experience. Unfortunately bad things happen sometimes. There are serious risks with every surgery. I wish those who had a bad experience a quick recovery!
  18. GinnyRose
    GinnyRose
    I am looking into this surgery at Mercy Health and Jewish weight Loss Programs. Dr. Dahman. Has anyone had the surgery there?
  19. tessa_ellis
    tessa_ellis
    I have Dr. Curry, was sleeved Nov. 21 2011, and I ADORE HIM !!!! I had lots of complications after my surgery but always felt like I was in good hands ! I could call all hours with issues and was able to get either the Nurse Practioner or Dr. Curry. Feel free to email me with any questions tessa_ellis@hotmail.com He has great bedside manners, and was very compassionate about my care. I have lost 100 lbs and feel absolutely amazing !!!!!
  20. CidCherise
    CidCherise
    Dr. Brad Watkins and the UC Medical Weight Loss staff have been wonderful in guiding me through my pre-op journey. My surgery is scheduled May 22nd, currently in my 5th day of a liquid diet.

Dr. Watkins is so incredibly thorough with his information, explaining all aspects of pre/surgery/post and answering every question asked of him. I couldn't be happier with my decision to have him for my surgeon!
  21. Stefyb71
    Stefyb71
    I had planned to have my surgery with Dr. Curry. I had gone through a consult with him in 2005 for a Lap band, but decided against it. When I did go in last summer for the seminar, I was looking forward to working with him again. Then the runaround happened. All these extra charges for procedures that I was told were included in my program fee and then a question that became a huge misunderstanding with the insurance coordinator. She was very nasty to me and when I tried to talk with someone else, it got worse. I finally broke ties with them in February but they continue to call and ask when I would like to come in a set up my surgery date. I am now working with Dr. Brad Watkins at U.C. Weight Loss Center and he and his staff are great! I've been waiting a little over a year to have surgery and looks like I should be getting a date in the next week or so. Can't wait!!!
  22. NurseM
    NurseM
    I was sleeved by Dr.Curry on March 4th. No complications, problems or anything negative!
  23. erinspice
    erinspice
    I know this is an old thread, but it is now late 2015 and I am STILL dealing with the aftermath of Dr. Curry. I have NO stomach, just had a heart cath/port placed for fluids and vitamins, etc. I am chronically sick. I have nearly constant nausea and have days EVERY week that I can't eat. Dr. Curry is a hazard. I am happy for the ones that little to no side effects, but for those that have side effects you are in a very growing group of people. I'm sorry for anyone who has suffered.

Erin
  24. Redmustang812
    Redmustang812
    All I will say is that I am an ICU nurse in Cincinnati and have taken care of many patients of doctors Curry and Pitt, this group has had serious complications with their surgeries, and I mean serious!! Please proceed with caution! And please have it done in a hospital and not at the Journey lite facility. This group is why I am having reservations about my own surgery with another group.