Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

hospital needs

1. bchevery
    bchevery
    can anyone tell me what i will need for the hospital
  2. jerzeygirl
    jerzeygirl
    You might want to bring:
    Gas X strips (very helpful in the beginning)
    magazines, Ipod, whatever calms you
    PJ's, or something to wear while walking the halls to get rid of the gas
    Cell phone
    Pillow for the ride home (helps to put against your new tummy while hitting bumps)

Depending on the hospital, they provide tolietries, etc. You might want to check that. How long did they say you would be in the hospital? Also, there are lots of past threads on the forum that other folks have put some excellent ideas. Good luck, you're going to love this journey!
  3. jerzeygirl
    jerzeygirl
    You might want to bring:
    Cell phone
    Pillow for the ride home (helps to put against your new tummy while hitting bumps)

Depending on the hospital, they provide tolietries, etc. You might want to check that. How long did they say you would be in the hospital? Also, there are lots of past threads on the forum that other folks have put some excellent ideas. Good luck, you're going to love this journey!
  4. jerzeygirl
    jerzeygirl
    You might want to bring:
    Cell phone

5. diana s
    diana s
    When I had my surgery, I took a whole bag of things I thought I would need and the only thing that I used from the bag was a robe to walk the halls. I was only in the hospital for 24 hours so I slept or I walked the halls. If I had been in longer, I am sure I would have used more of what I brought. And jerzeygirl is right they did provide toiletries and the nurse said "you (insurance) will pay for all of this so you might as well use it".
  6. diana s
    diana s
    When I had my surgery, I took a whole bag of things I thought I would need and the only thing that I used from the bag was a robe to walk the halls. I was only in the hospital for 24 hours so I slept or I walked the halls. If I had been in longer, I am sure I would have used more of what I brought. And jerzeygirl is right they did provide toiletries and the nurse said "you (insurance) will pay for all of this so you might as well use it".
  7. CathyBERN
    CathyBERN
    I could not use gas strips in the hospital, they wanted control of what was going in me
  8. CathyBERN
    CathyBERN
    I could not use gas strips in the hospital, they wanted control of what was going in me
  9. fatfree2b
    fatfree2b
    When- I went to the hospital all I use was my robe and slippers for walking - around the halls- my doctor wanted me to walk to build up your strenght. Good luck to you.
  10. bev
    bev
    I stayed 5 days and took a books to read. Find out if phone is free,if not take your cell phone. U can take your laptop
  11. barbarak33
    barbarak33
    My pre-admin nurse suggested that I bring a loose fitting pair of comfy (stretchy) shorts to wear along with the hospital gown. I wore that pair of shorts the entire time I was there. That way I could get in and out of bed without entirely exposing myself to the world, although I did have a private room. I also brought a robe and slippers for walking. I was there for a little over 48 hours--felt like 24 hours would have been plenty! Seems like a long time ago now and it's only been 4 weeks!!
  12. barbarak33
    barbarak33
    My pre-admin nurse suggested that I bring a loose fitting pair of comfy (stretchy) shorts to wear along with the hospital gown. I wore that pair of shorts the entire time I was there. That way I could get in and out of bed without entirely exposing myself to the world, although I did have a private room. I also brought a robe and slippers for walking. I was there for a little over 48 hours--felt like 24 hours would have been plenty! Seems like a long time ago now and it's only been 4 weeks!!
  13. ChrisJ
    ChrisJ
    I was told to bring chargers along with my phone and tablet - good advice! I would have forgotten that. 5 days and counting...
  14. pianomom
    pianomom
    I had my sleeve on 12/26 and I took an overnight bag with everything the bariatric nurse said I would need. I used my robe and the things I brought to wear home. Other than that, my suitcase remained closed as I walked the halls or slept. Remember, it is very important to walk frequently and sip, sip, sip your water or ice chips. It helps a lot!
  15. jackiew
    jackiew
    I also brought a bag, but didn't open it. Phone charger and hair brush is all I really needed.
  16. tuch
    tuch
    Hi, 1 week out. Bring slippers or thongs, a Bathrobe, and a hairbrush, lip gloss, cell phone and make sure you bring your charger. The hospital supplied, a toothbrush and toothpaste, mouth wash.