Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Hello Fellow Nurses!

1. Dutchgirl
    Dutchgirl
    Hello Nurses! I've been a nurse for 37 years. I currently work in adult detox. I am in school getting my MSN-FNP.

I have been overweight for 22+ years and finally decided I had to do something. Of course like everyone, I've tried every diet and still weigh the same.

I'm looking forward to posting with others about their experience and will post mine as I go along. I expect to have surgery around the first of next year.
  2. hirnsandy
    hirnsandy
    You've been a nurse about 30 years longer than I have (but we are probably the same age... I waited a LONG time to get my degree!). I decided that I wanted to be a good example for my patients. I have not regret my decision.
    Good luck... and congrats on the FNP ed... I know that's a lot of work!

Sandy, MSN, RNC-MNN, ACNS-BC
  3. hirnsandy
    hirnsandy
    You've been a nurse about 30 years longer than I have (but we are probably the same age... I waited a LONG time to get my degree!). I decided that I wanted to be a good example for my patients. I have not regret my decision.

4. hirnsandy
    hirnsandy

5. AngelNP
    AngelNP
    Congrats on both Hirnsandy and Dutchgirl for continuing education! I'm currently working as FNP-C in Pain Management and love it. Did most of my career in acute care, ER, ICU, and helicopter/aeroplane (medivac)...not counting my law enforcement days....LOL
    Anyway, keep up the great work! Your patients love you.
  6. AngelNP
    AngelNP
    Congrats on both Hirnsandy and Dutchgirl for continuing education! I'm currently working as FNP-C in Pain Management and love it. Did most of my career in acute care, ER, ICU, and helicopter/aeroplane (medivac)...not counting my law enforcement days....LOL
  7. AngelNP
    AngelNP
  8. AngelNP
    AngelNP
    Congrats on both Hirnsandy and Dutchgirl for continuing education! I'm currently working as FNP-C in Pain Management and love it. Did most of my career in acute care, ER, ICU, and helicopter/airplane (medivac)...not counting my law enforcement days....LOL
  9. AngelNP
    AngelNP
    Congrats on both Hirnsandy and Dutchgirl for continuing education! I'm currently working as FNP-C in Pain Management and love it. Did most of my career in acute care, ER, ICU, and helicopter/airplane (medivac)...not counting my law enforcement days....LOL
  10. healthy one
    healthy one
    Hi all,
    I too am an old veteran nurse. Got my diploma in 1971. I am certified as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse and expect to get my DNP in August. You're never too old go go back to school. I'm so excited and looking forward to crossing the stage as my new slimmer self. Had my sleeve July 25 2012 and have lost 45+ pounds. Glad to be a member of this group!
  11. AngelNP
    AngelNP
    Hi Healthy one,
    What was it like going through the DNP program? I was thinking about it...but I'm kind of burnt on school right now even though I received my MSN FNP 8 years ago...LOL
  12. AngelNP
    AngelNP
    I figured out how to post without having multiple posts..sorry about that.
  13. AngelNP
    AngelNP
    I figured out how to post without having multiple posts..sorry about that.