Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Anyone want to share their experience or excitement of your upcoming surgery with Dr. Kelly??

1. blessedahf
    blessedahf
    I'm scheduled to be sleeved September 19th. I'm so very excited!!! I've heard so many peoples experiences with Dr. Kelly and how personable he is and all. We fly out of Atlanta on the 18th. Dreading the 6-hour flight (including a layover). OH and I'm dreading the 2 week pre-op diet lol, but I know its gonna be totally worth it in the end
  2. jane_vsg_ayla
    jane_vsg_ayla
    You will love Dr Kelly! And its like a little vacation with a 2 day nap in the middle Definitely stay at the Lucerna! Good luck! You will do great!
  3. Tammy64
    Tammy64
    Received excellent care from Dr. Ramos Kelly and all his staff. I wish you a safe journey. Look forward to hearing from you when you return.
  4. Puppylovemommy
    Puppylovemommy
    I had a great experience with Dr. Kelly and his staff especially Trish!!! How is everybody doing???
  5. nickicole
    nickicole
    Very interested in hearing more about everyone's experience with Dr. Kelly. I confirmed my surgery date today for November 26th and am terrified and so excited at the same time.

Any insider tips? My husband will be traveling with me so I believe things will be a little easier.
  6. Evie Sleevie
    Evie Sleevie
    I am going to be sleeved with Dr. Kelly on 11/2/11. I just found out this is the "Day of the Dead" in Mexico--hope that isn't a bad omen!

I would love to hear from all of you about your journeys!
  7. blessedahf
    blessedahf
    Hey guys!! It never notified me that ya'll responded. Hmmm, wonder how I fix this. Anyway, I was sleeved last Monday as you already know. I'm doing great besides some gas pain thats left over. It seems to be nested in my left side : / But my experience was more than amazing. I love Dr. Kelly and Trish as well. She's a Godsend!! Just on this liquid diet, I've already lost 10 lbs just in this 1 week a total of 20 lbs. since starting the pre-op diet. Soooo excited!! Clothes are fitting better, I'm feeling better about myself, my husband keeps grabbing my buttox lol life is good
  8. Tatersalad
    Tatersalad
    Confirmed for 12-12. Going to send deposit via Paypal. Can't wait.
  9. tacman66
    tacman66
    My wife and I are both going to be sleeved 11-15. It is a double date.
  10. JOANNA
    JOANNA
    Hello All,

First time posting, I am having the sleeve done onthe 5th of December 2011, I am excitedd and scared, I hae a 6 yr old daughter and all be it the thought of being in a Mexico and having surgery has me worried. Trish has been great as well as Dr.Kelly (he even called me and put most of my worries aside) I can't wait , I am looking forward to no longer smoking since it is a requirement, am not so excited about the pre-op diet but am willing to do almost anything to make this a sucess since I weigh almost 400 lbs and am 6'0' My husband will be going with me and we are upgrading to the Lucerna hotel. Any thoughts or advice would be great. OH also do I need to take of my nails(I have had fake nails for almost 10 years)
    THanks Joanna
  11. scgal21
    scgal21
    Hi everyone,
    I haven't gotten my date yet, but definately going with Dr. Kelly. I have heard nothing but good things about him. I have the usual mix of nerves and excitement, but overall, can't wait to start my journey to a thinner, healthier new me! The words of encouragement certainly help, so thank you to all those who post here!
  12. RussianBlue_x2
    RussianBlue_x2
    Awesome. Go through Trish's agency if you have not already contacted someone else. You will not regret it. Trish is terrific! Wls4betterlife.com
  13. scgal21
    scgal21
    I actually changed the agency so I could use Trish. I have heard nothing but nice things about her and how she goes above and beyond. I'm going alone and thinking I will need someone close by "just in case". How are you doing ward2602 since your surgery?
  14. mlola
    mlola
    OMG I just looked at the ticker for number of days to my surgery... I started on this site with 127 days to surgery. Today... 37 days to surgery. OMG!!! getting so nervous now.
  15. scgal21
    scgal21
    mlola...I know, it flies doesn't it? I am starting to get more nervous as time gets closer. I guess that's normal, but can't wait to get it behind me and start my new life!
  16. nickicole
    nickicole
    My surgery with Dr. Kelly is Friday! Flying out on Thanksgiving... I figured that was one way to avoid the temptation of a big dinner. Pre-op liquid is a bit trying but sticking it out.
  17. blessedahf
    blessedahf
    Yes I definitely recommend changing agencies to Trish's (Wls4betterlife.com). She's amazing and you get so much better and personalized care than going through A Lighter Me. I think A Lighter Me sent out a rep to the hotel and the rep had a bypass (not a sleeve) and the girl was several years out and very overweight still, to say the least. She shared her horror stories which didn't even relate to what sleeve patients have to deal with. It was very awkward. DEFINITELY go through Trish lol She was there for me almost 24/7 and didn't even have to be since I didn't go through her. She's the best!!!!!