Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How did I get this fat!

1. Princefan68
    Princefan68
    In 2010, I fell and broke my right tibia right below my knee. I now have a metal plate and screws in that part of my leg and have gained more weight due to not being able to exercise properly from the pain I still experience. I was always a small person about 128-130 lbs. I had my gall bladder out in 2000. Since then I have packed on more pounds. I am now 265 lbs which really saddens me. I suffer from depression, sleep apnea, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, sore joints in my legs and ankles, aching back, flat achy feet, and arthritis. I wanted to share what I am going through so that you all understand that you are not alone. I am now on disability and steadily gaining weight. I never look at myself from my neck down. I hate how I look feel and having to take so many medicines including a machine for sleep apnea, also caused by my weight. Please share with me your story. I am here to listen, learn and to be heard. Remember we are in this together!
  2. Princefan68
    Princefan68
    Here I am today getting prepared for my surgery February 14, 2013, in Sisters Hospital in Buffalo, NY. I now weigh 258 lbs. I am so excited to get my surgery. I am trying to prepare. Tomorrow I have my pre-op tests to do and have to take a list of my meds with me. On Tuesday, February 5, 2013, I have an appointment for pre-surgery nutrition and exercise. Then Thursday, February 7, 2013, I have a pre-op medical clearance appointment with my Primary doctor. I am so happy to be at this point because it has taken so long to get here, now I am finaly about to do this. I am very excited and a little scared at the same time. I hate the thought of my stomach size being reduced with staples holding it together. Yuck!
  3. Renee N.
    Renee N.
    Princefan,

Hey, I know it's been a while since your surgery, congratulations. Hope it went well. I am also mobility impaired - car accident (2010). I probably don't live too far from you. I'm also in Western NY.