Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Healthcare workers, Do you find a lack of support from your employer.

1. Hopefloatsup
    Hopefloatsup
    Do you find a lack of support from your employer? I have become even more frustrated with the company that is my employer. We are a very large company and have merged with an even larger company. I was on the internet yesterday and found out that 4 hospitals within the system I work for, perform bariatric surgery. I live 1 hour away from one of the hospitals....Yet they don't offer coverage in their insurance to cover the surgery for their employees.
    I called to find out why they don't cover it under our insurance. They said they are considering it in January.....I am ready to go to Mexico in 15 days.....I don't want to wait until January to find out If Maybe they will offer coverage and then have to jump through all of their hoops and possibley wait another year to have my surgery.... I am sooo ready now.
  2. AngelNP
    AngelNP
    My employer and office manager does not know I'm having the surgery; however some of the staff and my counterpart PA do...LOL
  3. AngelNP
    AngelNP
    My office manager thinks I'm going to TJ, Mexico on vacation...LOL yeah right.
  4. JENGAR
    JENGAR
    My work is not very supportive either, they said they cover BMi of 40 or BMi of 30 with comorbidities and i have CHTN and psoriatic arthritis on meds for both and they won't qualify me so I will be going to Mexico also so said that we work in the field and can't get the help we deserve and we have to go out of the country for assistance
  5. JENGAR
    JENGAR
    My work is not very supportive either, they said they cover BMi of 40 or BMi of 30 with comorbidities and i have CHTN and psoriatic arthritis on meds for both and they won't qualify me so I will be going to Mexico also so said that we work in the field and can't get the help we deserve and we have to go out of the country for assistance
  6. JENGAR
    JENGAR
  7. JENGAR
    JENGAR
  8. JENGAR
    JENGAR
  9. wannabhealthy50
    wannabhealthy50
    Fortunately, my employer is also my insurance so they are very supportive
  10. AmyInOrlando
    AmyInOrlando
    I work for Orlando Health. They have several hospitals and sponsor a Bariatric program of which Dr. Jawad runs. He is considered an Orlando Health employee. I have Health Choice insurance. I saw Dr. Jawad once. I spent 3 hours in his office, most of which waiting to be seen by several people. The Med Tech that took my vitals, the ARNP that spent less then 10 minutes with me, and Dr Jawad who also spent about 10 minutes with me. Then he did a 10 minute presentation. Then I spent about 10 minutes with the Business office guy who informed me that the insurance won't even consider me because I haven't been with the hospital for 24 consecutive months. I worked for the company for 10 years, left to take another job and came back a year ago. That office visit cost me $40. I got a EOB from the insurance company that Dr. Jawad billed the insurance company $786 for that visit. I am now being billed an additional $215 that the Insurance did not pay. I am so angry, what a rip off. I do plan on contesting the bill because had the insurance guy spoke to me 1st, I would have just left. I'd already paid my co-pay before I was seen by anyone. It was a waste of 3 hours and $40. I didn't want to wait another year for the surgery. I didn't want to be 200 pounds for another year, I had very few co-morbidities, so if I'd lost 25 lbs. I wouldn't even qualify because my BMI would be too low. Soooooooo... I'm going to Mexico and having my Surgery on August 1st. When I return from Mexico I plan on writing him a letter asking him to "write off" the remainder of the bill as a professional courtesy. Hopefully he'll be a little sympathetic. We'll see..... Thanks for letting me rant.