Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

How long before periods came back?

1. shrinkinggirl
    shrinkinggirl
    I got sleeved 24 days ago and I am praying so hard that I get a regular period. I have never had one on my own before but I have hope that this surgery will improve my symptoms. I already have normal blood sugar and blood pressure after struggling for almost 10 years. I was wondering how long after surgery/how many pounds you lost before you started menstruating again? Has anyone lost a lot of weight and failed to get your period?
  2. VSGOct2011
    VSGOct2011
    I had surgery Oct 8/11 and had a light period at the end of Oct/11, since VSG have had the monthly curse on schedule, like clockwork. I used to go as much as 2 years between or have periods that lasted 90+ days, so VSG has been a godsend. Even if I didn't lose a pound, having a regular cycle and being able to plan things like beach/vacation days around a potential period has been wonderful. So happy I did it. All Endocine hormone testing has shown 'normal' which suggests the PCOS is all but gone now! At the time I lost 17 lbs pre-op, and around 27-30 in that first month post op....
  3. krissyfor
    krissyfor
    I had my surgery on 8/28/12 and I had my first period on 10/4. I'm now ovulating and charting all my lovely changes, my next period should start around the first of November.