Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Welcome!

1. Rachel Atchley
    Rachel Atchley
    Hello!
    I wanna welcome you and say congrats on your decision to get sleeved. It is a very tough choice to make and I want you to know your making a good choice to get healthy. I guess I should start off and tell you a little about myself.

My name is Rachel, I am 29 and a single mother to two beautiful children. I have always been big and tried every diet in the book. Like most you lose then gain it back. I was not happy with that so I've decided to start my journey of being healthy in January 2012 with the gastric sleeve. I'm not the most disciplined person so I need that extra push from the GS to help me achieve being healthy. I am completely willing to do whatever it takes to lose the weight and keep it off.

That's a little about me. Now it's your turn. Please tell us a little about yourself and why your getting sleeved.

Again Welcome to January 2012 Sleevers.
  2. misskerri
    misskerri
    Hi there! My name is Kerri and I have always been the "bigger" girl. I decided to get the gastric sleeve after losing forty lbs in about 1 year and putting it all back on in 6 months. I am tired of yo yo dieting and also want something permanent. I am an RN and am engaged and plan on starting a family, but because of my weight I cannot get pregnant because the weight reeks havoc on my hormones. I am a little scared and excited to be having the surgery all at once and all I can say is January cannot get here soon enough!
  3. Camellia301
    Camellia301
    Hello I am Camellia and plan to have my surgery with Dr Almanza on (xxJan 19th xx,..Old Date guess I gotta move forums huh ) now Dec 14th 2011!Yay Me!! God willing! I am anxious and excited but not the least bit of scared or worried! I will also be going it alone as I have decided to have ME time and worry if my companion is bored or not. I wish everyone success to the endeavor we have collectively decided on. My best wishes to all of US!
    Camellia B
  4. Rachel Atchley
    Rachel Atchley
    Misskerri- I know how hard it is to get PG. My daughter was a surprise but getting PG with my son took a year and 2 miscarriages. How I got PG with my son was thru a Book called "Taking charge of your fertility." Also fertilityfriend.com was a very useful website. It shows you how to chart your cycles to see how long you cycles are, if and when your ovulating, and if you LP phase is long enough after ovulation for the egg to implant. Alot of women turn to fertility treatments way to quick when they should be charting their cycles to find where the real problem is. If your cycles are all over the place then yes weight loss will help regulate that but not always. Know your body and you will be rewarded. Best of Luck on your journey.
  5. Rachel Atchley
    Rachel Atchley
    Camellia- Yes ME time is very important esp if you want to heal properly but sometimes it's nice to have someone there who knows you to help when your in the recovery hotel type place out of the hospital. I'm doing mine here in Alabama b/c I can't stand the thought of being so far away from my kids. I've made arrangements for my kids to spend a few days with a friend just in case I have to stay longer in the hospital. As I've been told this surgery is no where as bad a c-section so I'm sure after I get out of the hospital I should be ok but I can stay with my friend who is watching my kids if I need to. I'm planning my surgery for the 13 of Jan in between my birthday (the 6th) and my daughters birthday (the 21st.) Best of Luck on your journey.
  6. Chasman
    Chasman
    Hello my name is Charles.
    I have always been heavy, but have always been active, so my weight would fluctuate alot. I could drop 30 pounds in a month but it would come back with friends. many years of this I found my self at 235 pounds, I then became unemployed and my depression caused me to turn to food like never before, and being unemployed I became very sedentary. My weight shot up to 280 pounds.

My wife had her VSG done on Oct 20th and has lost 27 pounds in 6 weeks. Her highest weight was 315, she on her own over 2 years lost down to 253 pounds for her pre-surgery weight. She has seen her diabetes, and high blood pressure approach a healthy levels and is doing very well.

Thankyou,
    Charles
  7. Fresh Start
    Fresh Start
    Hello!

My name is Laura and I was once a small, lithe slip of a girl... that was a long long time ago!!

After my two children, I kept saying that all I had to do was lose the baby weight, and I would be fine. Well, the babies are 26 and 22 years old and I have not lost that baby weight yet! lol

Because of my weight, I have had one total knee replacement and the second knee is threatening to go the way of the first! Right after the total knee, my darling husband got leukemia and then passed away this past April after fighting the disease for 7 months. I now have a 16 year old stepson to raise on my own (my own children are out of the nest). Needless to say, during this time I gained more weight up to a tidy 254 pounds!

I had my sleeve procedure on January 2nd.. decided to start the New Year with a bang! This is working so much better than I envisioned and I am feeling great! Down to 228 pounds!