Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Amber's_journey

Skin issue

Rate this Entry
I had the sleeve done this past August, since then my skin has become bumpy everywhere. I have red dots all over my skin, but mostly on my legs and arms. I have exfoliated, I have tried different lotions, nothing is helping. Has anyone else dealt with this?

Submit "Skin issue" to Digg Submit "Skin issue" to del.icio.us Submit "Skin issue" to StumbleUpon Submit "Skin issue" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I too developed an itchy rash all over my tummy area shortly after surgery. It didn't last long.
    I have heard of others having this, but not on legs and arms. May be a question for your medical team. Feel better!
    I get rashes easier now. I often get a small rash all over my tummy and breast after exercising but it will go away a little while after showering. I would consult a dermatologist.
    My skin got really dry right after surgery, and I also had a few dry itchy spots on my tummy. I used a gel made of tea tree and aloe vera, it did help a lot with the itching, but I have to use more body oil since surgery. It's probably because eating less food, there is less fat intake indeed...even if it was good fat...I can't have too much fat today, it can irritate my stomach and give me reflux, so I use oil and cream on the outside..

Because I was in a tropical climate for the 2 years post op, getting more skin folds, I always washed with tea tree shower gel and made sure to dry well all folds. I did notice more irritation in general.
    Plain Epson salt added to bath water works for me.