Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

JennyD

Who Sleeps on their Stomachs?

Rate this Entry
I so miss this, I feel like I can't get rested. I'm two weeks post the, sutures are almost healed but Dr says I have a stitch deep in my muscle on my left side and that is what hurts when I lay down now. I am so ready to get back on my belly.

Submit "Who Sleeps on their Stomachs?" to Digg Submit "Who Sleeps on their Stomachs?" to del.icio.us Submit "Who Sleeps on their Stomachs?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Who Sleeps on their Stomachs?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Oh I completely understand where your coming from. I had the WORST time trying to sleep on my back the first 2 weeks or so and then I started getting used to it. Either that or I was way too tired to care how the hell I slept I am about 6 weeks out and I just now started sleeping on my stomach. I think its been about 4 days now and the main reason I waited so long is 1. My sutures kept opening if I would try to even lay on my side 2. I did feel an uncomfortable pain deep inside my belly. I've been sleeping like a baby since and even though 5 weeks sounds like a long time, just like all the little things I hated post surgery...its all a distant memory now. I hope you get better soon so you can sleep on your stomach and get some good rest!
    I am a side/stomach sleeper, I have slept on my side since day 1! My wrists would go to sleep and I would wake up so I decided to sleep on my side.
    Im able to sleep on my sotmach now. I think im 15 days post op now though.
    I too have slept on my stomach since day 1. My incisions never did bother me.
    I missed that also. It took about six to eight weeks before I could restly comfortably on my left side or stomach. Perfect now though.
    I have been sleeping on my stomach since the first week post op. I used pillows to prop up my stomach when I slept on my side. That way my sutures didnt pull. Hope you get good sleep soon.
    Give it a couple more weeks and you should be fine. I had the same problem! Try sleeping with a pillow under your stomach. I did that and it helped.
    My doctor recommended not to sleep on my belly for the first month, but I've never liked to sleep that way anyways. You'll find different opinions here, keep doing what ur doctor recommends.
    I am 15 days post op and I have been comfortable sleeping on my stomach since about day 10. I had dermabond and no stiches; the incisions are mostly healed except for the drain "hole" which
    is closing slooooooowly.
    Back to sleeping on my stomach a few days ago. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow.
    I am a stomach/side sleeper also. I am still pre op though. I remember when I had my gall bladder removed that it felt weird to sleep on my stomach for a few months. Kind of like something was falling into where the gallbladder had been (very odd feeling).
    Pain in side gets better about 5 weeks out or so. Go buy a abdominal support thing. Sorry mind just went blank. It helps with that pain. It is worth the 30 dollars you can find them ebay overstock. I used mine for 2 months. That little pain on you left side did jot bother me as long as I had that on. I am a side stomach sleeper took ne about a month to start sleeping better. It get better and easier I promise.