Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Gayle

Stalling: The numbers don't add up, do they?

Rate this Entry
I have had the best of intentions every day. I even did a protein shake fast (with the exception of small light dinners) for 2 days this past weekend.
es, I have had some treats of the season. But does that mean I will no longer lose weight?

Honestly, I have been swimming like a crazy lady. I have swum 6.75 miles this week.
Eaten 8150 calories, burned 4112 calories.
And NOTHING!!!! No break!! I have even GAINED weight. 144.4 this morning.

So, I look at the month:
21.75 miles swum; 1256 minutes swimming (that's 21 hours of swimming);
35228 calories eaten (1174 calories/day average without considering activity);
13131 calories burned.
That's a net 736 calories/day
And? Nothing! No weight loss since November 12th -- 6 weeks. Same range 141.4 - 145. Very discouraged!!
Someone please wave their magic wand!!![/QUOTE]

Submit "Stalling:  The numbers don't add up, do they?" to Digg Submit "Stalling:  The numbers don't add up, do they?" to del.icio.us Submit "Stalling:  The numbers don't add up, do they?" to StumbleUpon Submit "Stalling:  The numbers don't add up, do they?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Thats me too..sleved 27th october. from then til 2nd december i lost almost 19lbs. then i started to train. I train 35 minutes on bike and then 15 min strenght. I do this 4 times a week. i burn 560 kcal pr workout and eat 1100-1200 kcal i day. so i should be loosing. but no. Since 2 december i have GAINED almost 8lbs! So;like u,i am at a los for what to do. i lost a lot of wheigt pre-surgery also. so one theory may be that our bodies simply cant do it for a long time. are u loosing inches?? I was for a week but that has also stoped these passed two weeks. i think it has to be that we are both gaining muscles?? Mm. anyhow,i will be keeping a good thought for u. because i know how frustrating it is...
    I think it might be time to shake things up Gayle! Try taking a few days off from swimming. I do Insanity and didn't lose anything for 2 straight weeks, took a week off and lost 5 pounds (the only 5 lbs I've lost in December) You might want to give your body a chance to rest and repair from vigorous exercise. And maybe even try starting a new exercise routine for a while. It would probably be most effective to rotate your exercise routine. Also try pulling back your calories to between 900-1000 for a week or two and see if that helps. Just some friendly suggestions Good luck to you!
    Gayle, I think I remember you saying you had previously had an eating disorder. You must be very very careful not to get into obsessional behaviour around your food or exercise - which is what it's starting to sound like. Given that you probably have excess skin weight, and may well be putting on muscle weight, I would suggest you think about getting an assessment of your percentage body fat vs muscle and find out if you're not already at an ideal mix. I don't know how tall you are, but what is your BMI? Are you setting yourself an unrealistic goal? Don't make yourself miserable if you don't need to be.
    Gale, its been a long time since I've been on, but I think you look fantastic! You have accomplished so much more than simply weight loss. You have learned to control your food, established an excerize routine, and are no longer obiece. These are huge accomplishments. And even though you have hit a huge stall, you have found yourself, and can now see the real you that was hidden for so very long. As scarry as it may seem, I think you may need to up your calorie intake. Make sure your taking in enough protien. I for one have been struggling with my carb intake during this holiday season, and have learned to recognize some food triggers that should never return to my plate again. All in all, I figure, at some point in time my weight loss will stop. I hope when it does I'm ready to accept the new me even with some left over flaws. Good luck. And thank you for being an inspiration to us all.
    Hello Gayle, I think maybe your body is adjusting and might be taking a break from the weight loss, you have lost 67 pounds since June and you are working out like crazy. It's probably muscle I would say. Maybe take a break from it all and then go back to it in a week or two. I bet if you go to a store and try on a smaller size you will fit beautifully in them. You probably lost weight, gained muscle and your body fat may have shifted as well. You look fantastic by the way!
    Could it be you're building up muscle? sometimes when you're exercising ALOT you could be building up muscle instead of losing weight.....Which i think is great. so don't be discouraged..
    With such little net calories, under 800, maybe your body is in starvation mode and hanging onto everything for dear life. Maybe as another writer suggested, up your calories and lessen the swimming a bit to shake your body out of the stall. I said this before to you too, we are similar heights and the weight you are now suited me very well, perhaps your image of yourself has not yet adjusted in your brain, my mom said that to me and she was right! I wish you all the success and thank you for being a role model for all of us
    P.S don't forget when you get that excess skin off you'll drop 10lbs right away
    You are within 10 lbs of your goal, and like one said, you are trading fat for muscle now, which is an awesome thing. So, I would focus on toning what you have, instead of being insane about doing more and more. I've heard the last few pounds to goal are the hardest, so take it easy, start getting into a normal routine and relax and enjoy the new you! Can't wait to have the same problem... I'm 50lb from goal.