Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Jenise

Involuntary Bulemia

Rate this Entry
I had an esophagram today. Doctor wanted to check to see why I am vomiting. I cant keep things down. He said there is no blockage or scar tissue. Take things slow and chew my food completely. I am 69 days out with a 47 pounds lost but I am unable to eat soft foods. For dinner today McDonald's Broccoli/Cheese soup, three tablespoons and up it came. I am tired of vomiting, it is easier to avoid eating. Any similar situations?

Submit "Involuntary Bulemia" to Digg Submit "Involuntary Bulemia" to del.icio.us Submit "Involuntary Bulemia" to StumbleUpon Submit "Involuntary Bulemia" to Google

Tags: vomiting Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wis i had an answer for you hun.. Im in same situation. Surgery was 11/13 this year and i too cat keep anything but pudding and water down... Have you tried sugar free pudding? I didnt know i cold handle it til like 4 days ago so ow its my only food everyday til my body catches up with me
    Sorry to hear you are having problems. Hope it settles soon.
    My doctor told me that anything more that 15 grams of sugar or carbs can induce vomiting since your sleeve cannot tolerate it especially in the beginning. Might want to check the sugar in the foods you are consuming and make sure they are not too high in sugar or products that will make you sick. I don't know if this will matter or help at all but you might want to look into it. Hope things get better for you!
    use baby spoons to eat with, smaller amounts. Also realize you have a tiny pouch up near the top, then a tube that the food has to go down to the larger pouch, you need to eat maybe only one spoon at a time, let it get down the tube, then another bite. I am 4 1/2 weeks, and I have not had much problem with things getting down, but for me its about 4 bites, then I take a short break till it doesn't feel full anymore... it will take me 20-30 minutes to consume 4 ounces (I reheat my food a lot)
    Lucy I'm confused about you saying a tiny pouch near the top and then a tube - that's not my understanding of the shape of the sleeve? My understanding is it is just a banana shape, rather than a balloon.