Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Dieann63

prevent hairloss before it strikes

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by Dieann63 View Post
So, I have read that down the road may start losing hair by the handfuls. My sons girlfriend and my cousin included. I myself lost most of my hair last year from my liver abscess journey. {{Went from long down my back, is now shoulder length growing back}
Anyway, the way 2 prevent this, is to make sure you are getting the protein in that your body needs. You wll not notice a problem til its to late, so just wated to give you a heads up so you don't have the thinning hair issues.
It took me 6 months to stop my hair from falling out, and it was because I was manly able 2 eat fruit back then. So, now I am paying very close attention to the protein that is going in.
If your already losing hair, I packed in protein and carrot and apple juice freshly juiced.

Submit "prevent hairloss before it strikes" to Digg Submit "prevent hairloss before it strikes" to del.icio.us Submit "prevent hairloss before it strikes" to StumbleUpon Submit "prevent hairloss before it strikes" to Google

Comments

I don't know that there is a way to prevent it. Maybe minimize it but prevent it no.
    My Dr said That No-one should lose hair with this surgery. You have to get the protein in. I'm getting 80-90 protein a day and have not lost any hair yet.
    I get 90-100+g of protein a day and have lost about 1/3 of my hair and continue to lose it. I also have taken all vitamins and supplements recommended for hair loss from the day of my surgery. My doctor told me everyone should expect to have hair loss- some more than others- but everyone loses it. I find it really interesting how different doctors tell people different things!
    I was recommended to take silica so bought some today hopefully it works
    How can I count protein? I'm losing my hair now - 4 months post-op. I make sure to eat as much meat as possible. I have a protein shake for breakfast.
    There are many different opinions about what causes hair loss. This is a post that I wrote a while back, when we were having the same kind of discussion. Personally, I don't think they know exactly what causes it.

Here are a couple of pages that I read that explains it a little better...
    Can anesthesia cause hair loss and why are anesthetics doing this to your hair? and 10 Surprising Things That Can Cause Hair Loss - Hair Loss Center - Everyday Health

The second one lists many things that many of us are going through or have gone through, all added together to lead to hair loss. Good thing is, it should all be temporary.
    I have had 12, now 13 major surgeries, and only once I have lost a boatload of my hair. The liver abscess time, was because I was unable to eat anything but fruit and cream of wheat for about 3 months.
    The doctor told me two reasons why I lost my hair the wa I did, and I'm not talking brushing you hair and oh my! Look so much all out, I'm talking running your hands thru your hair and whole patches with curls attached falling out.
    He said I d
    Was unable to eat thus lack of protein, and 2, was a prolonged illness that shocked my body.
    I bet for some, this surgery will be a shock to their bodies and nothing they do will prevent the hairloss, but for the others, make sure you get your protein in and just do your best to prevent it.
    If it works YIPPEE!! If it doesn't work, well at least you tried your best.
    The good iet will help your hair grow back nice and strong.
    Personally my hair is growing back nice and curly wavey!! I miss my long hair, but I'm at shoulder length now so I'm on my way!
    I felt like a peaon a pumpkin when my hair was short.
    And my hair fell out like I had chemo, so it was UGLY and upsetting. I filled a freezer gallon ziplock!
    {{Yeah, crazy, I saved it cuz I told my infectious disease doc my hair was falling out massivly and she said OOHHhh yeah mine falls out too when I brush it!!! I was TICKED cuz she blew me off and well, I had sores on my head and she didn't even look. So I saved it like HERE, now this is REAL fallout! Hehehehee docs just don't always listen til they see proof!
    Then they biopsied my scalp...
    Oppsssss as you must have noticed, I am a rambler