Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

gemini*eyes

single incision surgery

Rate this Entry
Has anyone gotten their sleeve via the umbilical single incision? If so how was the pain in the belly button and scar there? Do any of the Mexico doctors offer this?

Submit "single incision surgery" to Digg Submit "single incision surgery" to del.icio.us Submit "single incision surgery" to StumbleUpon Submit "single incision surgery" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

My incisions were mixed because my doctor removed my band and preformed the sleeve operation at the same time (my band was done as an umbilical single incision). My main incision with the sleeve was still through the belly button. Like I said, this time it was mixed because my surgeon had to make four VERY small extra scars to do both procedures at once. I felt fantastic both times, though. And, I was initially much less sore than my husband, who had the traditional incisions. I LOVED the no scar the first time. It depends on your belly button type, obviously, and how the doctor stitches your new one, but I had absolutely no visible scars with the single incision. Luckily, my new ones are no bigger than a mole removal scar (I know because my cousin had to have a few removed from her tummy, and she was pissed that my sleeve removal scars were the same size as hers from mole removal!). lol
    wow.. thanks for sharing.. id love to be scar free.. helps with trying to keep this on the down low.
    Hey I asked this same question, I didnt get alot of responses but you are welcome to check out the ones that I did recieve. I really wanted to have mine done this way also. here is the link
    http://www.gastricsleeve.com/forum/q...s-to-know.html
    You're welcome! Ask if it's possible to for you Dr. to do the combo, which should be cheaper, too. My four other incisions are literally the width of my pinky nail or smaller (one is half this size and is perfectly hidden under my bra line!). At first, I was pissed that I was going to have scars, but they've already faded so much in two weeks that I really don't think they're going to be noticeable at all. My stretch marks on the other hand... :/