Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Kay4

Day 3 Post-Op

Rate this Entry
October 25, 2012

Day 3 Post-Op

I am truly amazed at how good I have done to this point. Surgery was not nearly as scary as I thought it was going to be. The pain of course was not fun by any means but as soon as I thought I could handle walking I started. To the bathroom and back at first and then not much longer after that I took to the halls and just kept it up all night long. I tried not to let the pain get ahead of me and did keep asking for meds when it was time that helped a bunch. Also Gas X Strips was my new best friend. The next morning I was allowed to start sipping Crystal Light and it went pretty well. I could defiantly tell if I took too big of a sip or too many together. I call it the stacking feeling…feels like each sip just stacks up on top of the first one. Trying to get in all the liquids I am supposed to do is hard and have not made it that far yet but I keep trying but not pushing it too far. I did drive yesterday and that was not my best idea I found out but had to go to my regular Dr. for a cough that kept getting worse due to our wonderful weather we are having in Texas right now with all the rag weed. But I will say the cough did work in my favor….when I would have coughing fits it hurt like hell but it did work most of the soreness out. The hernia repair is the sorest and tender to the touch….the sleeve holes really do not bother me too unless I let my PJ’s sit on them in the waist part. The best part so far has been I have been taken off my Nexium for reflux/GERD, blood pressure meds and high cholesterol meds. I have had absolutely no reflux at all and I cannot tell you the last time I have felt that way!! WAHOOOOO

I am soooooo glad I did this!!

Submit "Day 3 Post-Op" to Digg Submit "Day 3 Post-Op" to del.icio.us Submit "Day 3 Post-Op" to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 3 Post-Op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

GasX strips... I'll add those to my list Great update!
    You are doing incredible congrats keep it up