Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

scgal21

10 months and a picture says 1000 words!

Rate this Entry
It's been 10 months since my sleeve and I've been having some struggles lately with health issues that have popped up. I've also been a little down in the dumps about my slow weight loss. I'm trying to pull myself out of this pity party I'm having! I'm in my 50's, post-menopausal, with thyroid and joint issues, so it's not surprising that it has been much harder for me to shed the weight. I'm a very private person, but have decided to share my heaviest picture along with a more recent one. I've lost 80 lbs and it is so obvious when I see the pictures side by side, but there are still days when I see myself as obese. I'm hoping my head catches up with my body soon! For all of you newly sleeved or those who are in the early stages of investigating....good luck and hang in there when you are feeling down. This is a breeze for a lot of folks, but can be a struggle for some of us. But, it's a struggle well worth it in the end. I hope everyone has a blessed day!
Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	24 weeks.jpg 
Views:	754 
Size:	1.13 MB 
ID:	7236   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 heaviest 2010.JPG 
Views:	725 
Size:	265.4 KB 
ID:	7237  

Submit "10 months and a picture says 1000 words!" to Digg Submit "10 months and a picture says 1000 words!" to del.icio.us Submit "10 months and a picture says 1000 words!" to StumbleUpon Submit "10 months and a picture says 1000 words!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Well done, hope your health issues get better
    Wow! What a transformation!
    You look great! Way to go! I see a tremendous difference...you do not look heavy at all now!!
    You look awesome! Hang in there!
    WOW! you look AMAZING =)
    You look amazing!!! Praying that your health problems will be healed so you can enjoy the new you...You look like a totally new person...Congrats!!
    I can so relate. I am 56 and post menopausal so I'm a slow looser as well. I just keep reminding myself that I never would have been able to loose 48 lbs with out this surgery. I am not yet half way there and hope I'll continue to do well, at a slow but steady rate. However, when looking at the bigger picture, the significant part really is that I'll be much more capable of keeping the weight off. So this slow process is not an end in itself, but an investment for our future. Are we not incredibly fortunate people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You look great
    Very well said! I struggle daily. I get compliments left and right but all I see is the obese part of me. I catch myself looking at me daily and thinking that this is all a dream. Still unbelievable at the transformation I am going through. I can compare myself to a butterfly. I was a caterpillar now coming out of my cocoon.

Great job! I'm right with you on the weight loss! Just remember that this will be the last time we will lose this weight! I hope to one day to shed the negative part of me with the remainder of my weight.
    You look amazing. Thanks for sharing, I know it wasn't an easy decision.
    OMGoodness, you look fabulous. I am 57 and I am not losing quickly, but I am okay with that. I believe my skin has more time to tone with slower loss. Sorry to hear about your joint issues and thyroid and hopefully you have a good Doc to get them under control. Sit yourself down and stare at those 2 pics, surely you will see the the transformation. Again, you look great!!!!
    THank you for sharing those amazing b&A pictures. im just starting this journey and you have given my so much inspiration!
    WOW, you look amazing!! I showed my kids and said thats going to be me in 10 months, and they said "NICE!"
    Do you still take your thyroid medication? I went off mine before surgery and think maybe I should get back on it.
    You look amazing!!!!! Thank you for sharing. I'm in a spot that I need some positive reinforcements.
    I am so happy you posted this... I too am in my 50's and post menopausal... I was just sleeved on 9/28/12 and right now am happy for whatever this journey brings me.

You look absolutely fabulous, 80lbs is a lot of weight and you did it!!! Congratulations.

Thanks for posting and I look forward to your future posts as well. xo
    80 lbs. in 10 mos. is so great, and you look wonderful. I hope that you get feeling better and can find ways to concentrate on all of the positive things that have come about by having this surgery. Great job!
    Thanks everyone! I wish I could give each one of you a big hug! The physical aspect is only part of this journey. There are mental gymnastics as well. I love this site and the support of all you wonderful sleevers and pre-sleevers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_SlaveLaker
    Do you still take your thyroid medication? I went off mine before surgery and think maybe I should get back on it.
    I was off it until recently and now I may have to get back on it. Check with your Dr. and have labs drawn to find out where you're at. Good luck!
    What a differance, you look great! Keep up the good work.
    You look great, it is hard work , I know , but you have done it ! Congrats!!!
    You look wonderful! Don't get discouraged, you are doing great!
    Thank you everyone! This was the encouragement I needed. (((HUGS)))
    saw your post about plastic surgery can you direct me about that please. Live close to Wake Forest thanks