Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Maia0628

Question of the week

Rate this Entry
Happy Monday sleeved and soon to be sleeved. My question of the week is when did you realize that surgical help was what you needed? I know we have all had that moment of clarity that our weight was more than we could handle on our own.

My moment was after losing 70 pounds and had the false hope that I finally had my weight under control and started to "stray" from my strict no flour no sugar life style. I know these things need to be limited buy my doctor told me this wasn't realistic. I now walk around with the shame of now gaining 30 of my 70 pounds back, everyone who was so proud of me now gives me sad eyes. No one says anything but I know they see it.

Submit "Question of the week" to Digg Submit "Question of the week" to del.icio.us Submit "Question of the week" to StumbleUpon Submit "Question of the week" to Google

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Happy Monday to you as well I will try and not make my response depressing lol but for me, anytime that scale teeters near the 300's I am constantly in a mood to do somthing. I will start and can easily get in the 275 area and maintain for a while. Also, that is enough weight for me to notice a pretty big difference and I feel like I get comfortable at that weight and put my diet on the back burner. This just happened to me within the past few months. I had just come out of a good 30 pound weightloss and I have rapidly gained about 20 back. This last time is when I decided I wanted to be sleeved because thinking about it, over my life time I could have easily gained and lost over 1000 pounds!!! I am such a yo-yo that this surgery is just what I need to keep on the right path.
    Both my parents are doctors, (dad sugeon specializing in weighloss surgeries and mom is a family practioner) and to be honest with you, I have always had this feeling that I want to do it myself and that I can do it on my own! I went the educational seminar this past Friday and got a staggering statistic from the surgeon. He said that with people who are "Morbidly obese"- meaning you are 100 pounds over your heatlhy weight, only about 1% of people can lose that amount of weight and keep it off This shot any idea out of my head that I wanted to go into and try and come out on my own but like I said, I think I would just continue to yo yo for the rest of my life and I am done. I am ready to be healthy and do the things I love and miss doing because of my weight. The sleeve is the perfect tool to always keep me in check no matter what the occasion and I think after it's all said and done, it will be one of the best decisions I have made in my entire life!! Good luck with your journey! Have you had surgery yet or are you still contemplating it?
    Yes, I have been there a time or 20. My moment was last winter, I had had a band removed and gained all the weight and more, I was turning 70, been dealing with this sh** for 50 years. I was feeling hopeless and wondering if I could do this anymore (looking at permanent solution). I was tired physically and emotionally. Came across info about the sleeve, researched and made the decision to max the card. 3 mo. later i was in MX. Now I have a new life. Healthy,hopeful, proud, enjoy dressing and going out. on and on. Cheers
    When I could not look at my self in the mirror any more & refused to take pictures. I knew it was time to do some thing.
    Wandy you look amazing!!!
    Well I guess I realized this summer. Last summer I had started the summer off with buying all new clothes cause I had lost 90 in a little over year. (I did not do this a healthy way) My husband is in the Army and we moved thousands of miles away to El Paso. I was really depressed I was so far away from home and my family. I just became an emotional eater and gained back 75 pounds. I was mortified all those clothes that I was so excited to buy no longer fit me anymore. It was then that I said I cant do this anymore or I am gonna hurt myself. Now I am sleeved and looking forward to fitting back in those clothes I only got to wear for a short time.
    About a year ago. I have yo yo ed for years thinking each time I have got myself sorted. Only to fall off the wagon portions getting bigger & bigger. I did weight watchers & slimming world, & neither focus on portion control s thy have free foods which I just gorge on! I'm naturally greedy! After putting all my lost weight back on again I decided I needed a permanent solution to my endless pit of a stomach!
    I went to an amusement park with my family and couldn't fit on the rides. I had to ride in the "for heavier people" seats and even that was a struggle. What broke my heart was that my son didnt want to be my riding partner because I was to big for the rides and it hampered his ability to ride. I felt horrible and realized at that moment how much of my chidren's lives I have already missed. I don't want to miss anymore. I don't want to be in pictures, I don't want to be seen in public and mostly I know I embarrass my children. A recent trip to the doctor revealed metabolic syndrome and I came home and started the process. I originally wanted to do the band, but after doing some research am excited (and a bit scared) about the sleeve. I am sure I ignored many moments in the past that should have been my moment (if you will) but not anymore.