Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Rainbow

When do you STOP loseing weight?

Rate this Entry
This is a great question! You don't stop losing weight usually until you reach a healthy goal weight, then your body just lets you stay there. For some people who have less to lose say around 100 lbs, this gets a little trickier, as you can get under weight! This happened to me. When i kept losing even after i was at my goal weight and size at first i was like "Woo HOO this is Awesome"! But as i got too Boney and Gaunt my Husband started freaking me out because he was sure i was going to die! My Dr, reassured me that i was ok and reminded me it wasn't rocket science! If i didn't get it under control he could put me in the hospital and do I.V. nutrition if i dropped too low but i was not that bad and So he had me switch gears and drink High calorie high carb stuff like Ensure, and carnation instant breakfast, and CANDY. I don't want to freak you out too much with the fattening stuff i consumed, but you get the picture! Over about 6 months i managed to gain about 10 lbs and Look Fabulous in a size 4-6 and from there i just watch what i eat, pay attention to protien. I fluctuate up and down about 5 lbs but my size stays the same. My Body just got used to this size and re-set my set-point! For some people who struggle more with over eating issues, after a while as you are able to hold more food, it is possible to gain by eating a diet high in carbs and calories. especially if you drink them like sugary sodas and milkshakes, once again NOT ROCKET SCIENCE!
Now i find my sleeve very helpful in daily maintenance, because It keeps me eating small portions and i don't have the STRONG OVERWHELMING cravings i used to where i was CONSTANTLY hungry like i did when i was dealing with the "ghrelin hormone" and the type 2 diabetes. Well let me know if you have any more questions! Love Rainbow

Submit "When do you STOP loseing weight?" to Digg Submit "When do you STOP loseing weight?" to del.icio.us Submit "When do you STOP loseing weight?" to StumbleUpon Submit "When do you STOP loseing weight?" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am at 5 months & have lost 70 pounds. Super excited & feeling great about myself and this life changing decision. I am about 40 pounds to my goal weight but I find that I can eat more and can definetly stomach different foods now. I love that my stomach stops me with portion control but It's like in the back of my mind I say don't taste that queso dip..its fattening but I taste it anyway and can tolerate it. Why am I testing the waters? I am so scared of gaining back now. How do I keep that focus..ughhh! Will the rest come off? Need to get back on track with water & protein for sure!!! ANy advise?
    I am almost 5 months out. I have lost 89 or 90 lbs depending on the day of the week it is and have hit a stall. I am not eating more than 800 calories a day but I too find myself nibbling on food that is probably best left alone.

The weirdest part for me is that no matter if I eat less than 500 calories a day or closer to 800 (which I still try to make protein heavy no matter what), I am fluctuating back & forth 2 to 3 pounds... I know we shouldn't weigh daily but, I do. I don't mind the stall and I am actually happy with my new size 12/14 but to be at "goal" I still have 30 to 35 to go.

Looking forward to hearing Rainbow's response to your post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Changing4Me
    I am almost 5 months out. I have lost 89 or 90 lbs depending on the day of the week it is and have hit a stall. I am not eating more than 800 calories a day but I too find myself nibbling on food that is probably best left alone.

The weirdest part for me is that no matter if I eat less than 500 calories a day or closer to 800 (which I still try to make protein heavy no matter what), I am fluctuating back & forth 2 to 3 pounds... I know we shouldn't weigh daily but, I do. I don't mind the stall and I am actually happy with my new size 12/14 but to be at "goal" I still have 30 to 35 to go.

Looking forward to hearing Rainbow's response to your post.
    We sound like we are in the same boat!! And I cant wait for her response...I love reading her post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixiedarling76
    I am at 5 months & have lost 70 pounds. Super excited & feeling great about myself and this life changing decision. I am about 40 pounds to my goal weight but I find that I can eat more and can definetly stomach different foods now. I love that my stomach stops me with portion control but It's like in the back of my mind I say don't taste that queso dip..its fattening but I taste it anyway and can tolerate it. Why am I testing the waters? I am so scared of gaining back now. How do I keep that focus..ughhh! Will the rest come off? Need to get back on track with water & protein for sure!!! ANy advise?

Yes the rest WILL come off! We all have this ingrained fear of failure because of our many diet failures of the past, but It is AMAZEING how daily you will change back and forth between feeling elation at how much you have lost so far in such a short time, to feeling fear and discouragement that you are not losing fast enough or are going to Stop losing! This is a psychological mine field we all walk through on this journey, But be reassured that you will continue to lose! Any time you start feeling like it is out of your control, just step up your game with more water and activity. The effort you make wont show up on the scale until the following week usually! Don't make the mistake of working out and then be disappointed if you don't see a difference the following day or two! I learned that when i saw good drop on the scale it was usually about a whole week after i stepped up my game!So when you see scale changes Good or bad look at your habits the previous week for answers, not the week you are in! It is normal to be able to eat more and try more foods, this is not a DIET, its a new smaller way of eating and you will learn how to monitor your weight once you are at goal. You will always eat lower carb higher protien style, but it is more about Moderation in all things! If you learn the true practice of moderation then you can have whatever you want when you are maintaining. Most importantly, the scale will ALWAYS fluctuate 2-5 lbs daily with bodily functions,water retention,hormonal fluctuations. I still weigh Daily but average out weekly and my average stays pretty steady with only a 1-2 lb fluctuation. Keep up the good work and stay focused on how good you will feel to be at your goal! Love Rainbow
    Hi Rainbow...I look at your before and after photo's and find it hard to imagine you are the same person!!! You were sooo pretty "before" but you are simply stunning now! I love how you said your life feels somehow unreal at moments. I haven't had the surgery yet (next week), but I do find at times I am feeling exactly the same way, and anticipate that will happen in the months to come. Thank you also for expressing some of the issues you have had. It is wonderful to find honest answers to the questions us pre-sleevers are so full of. Take Care, Susie B.
    Hi Rainbow - I haven't been on the forum for quite a while... I am down 116 pounds in 7 months and have been getting pretty sick. I've hit the brick wall... I am emotionally and physically spent... I am trying, trying, trying to get in enough nutrition but I just can't seem to get there. I know after reading some of your posts that you struggled as well. Help! I need some advice.. I feel like I am on the Titanic and it just keeps sinking!
    Quote Originally Posted by Changing4Me
    Hi Rainbow - I haven't been on the forum for quite a while... I am down 116 pounds in 7 months and have been getting pretty sick. I've hit the brick wall... I am emotionally and physically spent... I am trying, trying, trying to get in enough nutrition but I just can't seem to get there. I know after reading some of your posts that you struggled as well. Help! I need some advice.. I feel like I am on the Titanic and it just keeps sinking!

Dont worry, Just concentrate on eating protein first! And take a couple chewable gummie vitamins daily! That is all the nutrition you need! Keep sipping warm tea or coffee or water. Staying hydrated makes so much difference in how you feel. keep diet Gatorade on hand. If you are at goal and want to stop losing, then it is easiest to drink the carbs and calories with carnation instant breakfast, ensure, milkshakes ect..! Concentrated carbs and calories fruit juice ect... hope things feel better soon!