Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

michelleb

Day 1 of my journey begins...

Rate this Entry
It's 6am and I'm all checked in and waiting to fly to San Diego.

Like life isn't stressful enough, I woke up at 3am to pack (yeah I know, leave it till the last minute). I think I have everything I need and of course I started stressing about the surgery for the first time. I'm not sure what the emotion is? Anxious? Nervous? Going alone? Whatever it is, I just feel a little weepy if that makes sense.

So all the excitement I was feeling up until yesterday has disappeared. I know I'm going to be in good hands and everything will be just fine. This is the second time I'm having surgery since my son was born. The last time was 3 yrs ago for a knee replacement and I remember feeling like I'm feeling now going into surgery then.

Anyway, it's early and I haven't had much sleep and I'm rambling...

45 mins to take off and in a couple of hours I'll be in San Diego waiting for the driver to pick me up to go to the hospital. Pre op testing and then to the hotel for the night. I think pick up for the hospital is 7am tomorrow morning and hopefully I'm first up for surgery.

One more day and I'll be on the other side too! Looking forward to joining the tribe!

Michelle

Submit "Day 1 of my journey begins..." to Digg Submit "Day 1 of my journey begins..." to del.icio.us Submit "Day 1 of my journey begins..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Day 1 of my journey begins..." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Michelle, Best of luck and so exciting to see you on your way! Can't wait to see all your successes! Let us know how its going and I will be joining the tribe right along with you on Monday! Prayers and hugs your way !
    Thanks! and to you too. Monday is so close.

So to update , I'm in San Diego and waiting to be picked up at the airport. I'll be meeting some other sleevers soon

It feels really weird to be sitting at the airport and waiting and not being able to have a cup of tea and something to eat - lol. Bad habits die hard.