Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

lacraft

Very happy camper two months out.

Rate this Entry
I have to say, I have seen the posts from people having a difficult time with the surgery. I pray for everyone who is suffering.

I am pleased to say that I have had a wonderful journey so far.

In two days it will be two months since the surgery. I am happy with my 43 pound <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">weight loss</a>. In two months I have gone from a size 22 to a size 18! I would never have expected that. I am thankful for my sleeve. I recently cleaned out my closet and found a whole new wardrobe. The difference this time is that I gave all of the stuff that was to large to the Salvation Army, instead of hiding them in the back of the <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">closet</a> until I needed them again. I will never need them again.

I do have to say that I am worried and apprehensive about the potential hair loss</a>. I don't think a day goes by that I don't wonder what my head will look like at month 4 or 6! I know it grows back......and I also know that it is a small price to pay for having the opportunity to be healthy for the first time in many, many years. Sometimes I think I am going to worry so much that I'm going to lose all my hair!!!!! It's vicious in my head.

A couple of victories not related to the scale. 1) I went down the big slide at a carnival with my three year old great niece! I also rode the scrambler and several other rides without issue!!!!! 2) I am actually wearing summer <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">dresses</a> and feeling good in them. 3) I got up this morning and exercised BEFORE breakfast! (Can't believe I actually put exercise before food). There are weird things happening between my ears. 4) Renewed energy levels mean my <a class="inlineAdmedialink" href="#">house</a> is cleaner than it has been in a long time! All small victories but victories none the less!!!!!

And I remain....Happy to be sleeved.

Submit "Very happy camper two months out." to Digg Submit "Very happy camper two months out." to del.icio.us Submit "Very happy camper two months out." to StumbleUpon Submit "Very happy camper two months out." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

i worry about the hair loss too, I have started shampooing with Biotin shampoo to make my hair thicker and stronger and take Biotin everyday. I am only 10 days out but have had a wonderful time no problems, I am up to 2.5 miles a day walking and have more energy than I know what to do with.
    I'm almost 3 months out and so far, so good! Down 51 pounds, 4 sizes and cleaning out my cupboards too - sent three LARGE totes of clothes to a friend and two more boxes to the Salvation Army. Amazing what we hang on to "just in case". :-) Having some probs with reflux - you? Love your Lulu face btw - I'm old enough to remember the comic strip/comic books! :-) deb
    @Debbiem- I too am old enough to remember Lulu (my husband laughs cuz I know the theme song). The picture also refers to my childhood nickname (I had four brothers, no sisters and I guess I'm lucky that Little Lulu was what they called me, it could have been worse!). I really have only had one or two issues with reflux in the last two months, mostly when I eat too close to bedtime. Keep up the good work, 51 pounds is amazing.
    @Funegirl - I also am taking biotin daily, I have been since before the surgery. I just recently purchased some Nioxin shampoo to use. I went to have my haircut the other day and was petrified that there was hair in the bowl after the shampoo. I did, however, have my hair colored and I always lose some when I get it colored. So I am hoping that it was the color and I'm not starting to lose early. (lol) That would be just my luck!
    Hi! I am 3 months out and have been doing very well since my surgery, about 44 lbs lost and 30 right before the surgery(diet and liquid diet). So a grand total of 74 lbs. I am in the stage I believe of hair loss. I wash my hair, I lose...I brush my hair, I lose...I flat iron my hair, I lose. It's at the point where I am kind of scared. I try to tell myself that I will not go bald....but I see my scalp in areas where I couldn't before. I read your posts above and I will now start to take biotin and wash my hair with it as well...I didn't know this was an option...I mean I was researching hair loss shampoos but I just started so. I think I read somewhere at 6 months you stop...well I hope this is true. Because its not fun right now. My body is looking and feeling so much better, but a side effect is losing hair, which really sux! Congrats on your victories!!
    Tomorrow will be my 2 month mark and I have lost 42 pounds. I feel the exact same as you do. Getting things done and just feeling good about myself again. Thanks for sharing, it's always wonderful to know how people around your date are doing!
    As far as hair goes, get your protein, I do 80g pd and hoping that will do the trick. This does not happen to everyone.
    Thanks purplelace will try to up protein, I am 2 mos.out.
    What a lovely, uplifting post.
    Congratulations, Lulu!
    I had my surgery May 11 and I also feel wonderful! I cleaned out my kitchen cabinets last week and lined them and organized. It has needed a deep cleaning for a really long time and I just now felt like doing it. I have really noticed a difference in my house keeping. Doing much better and keeping the house much more tidy and not just putting things off until they pile up! I too am very concerned with my hair. What can I say, I guess I am vain, but I really don't want to lose my hair. I haven't lost any yet and hoping I am one of the lucky one who doesn't lose hair. I guess time will tell. I can eat without problems for the most part. I am still having trouble getting enough protein even though that is all I eat. I guess it just takes time to get where you can eat enough. So glad to here great posts from people who had surgery at the same time as me and feeling wonderful!
    I just had to send you a message...I am so excited to get my journey started! I am pre-journey (is there such a term?) because I haven't even visited my doctor yet. I hope I get approved for the surgery but I'm pretty sure I will since I have so many health issues because of my weight. I put on the weight because of a bad back which I have been fighting for about 10 years. I had back surgery and it was successful, but lasted only about 11 years, and now I'm worse off than I was before the surgery. I am also old enough to remember "Lulu." Haven't thought about that comic for a long time. Please keep me posted along your journey. Even though you are far ahead of me, it's nice to know how everyone is doing. It helps my fears to know that it is such a wonderful experience for some. Hopefully , it will be for me, also! Take care, and keep the faith!!! Debbie L
    I enjoyed reading your post, so uplifting...I too am 2 months out and have had no real issues. I can eat more than I think I should be able to but that has a lot to do with what size tube the dr uses. I am concerned about it because if I can eat a 4 oz staek and a few bites of veggies what will it be like in a year. I have so much ore energy just after 32 lbs. I have been walking an hour a day and overall just feel good about my future. I have just started loosing my hair and it is very scary. In 1996 I had breast cancer and my hair falling out was one of the hardest things to handle. I have thick hair so I am hoping it doesnt get to bad. I wish you the best