Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

TexasLady

Its been a tough road - Surgery in 7 hours - Helpful tips for Eating!

Rate this Entry
[QUOTE]I want to thank everyone for all their encouragement and support for me not to give up and to continue with my surgery date of July 3, after the death of my mother.

It was a very difficult week planning a funeral and getting my pre-opt tests done, going through registration (which was a nightmare because of so many mistakes made at the hospital) and my pre-opt doctors appointment. It was difficult, but I stayed focused and God walked very close to me, giving me strength and taking away my fear. I have also been dealing with my 43 year old severely bi-polar daughter. She is so upset over losing her grandmother that she has really flipped out. She is threatening to take her life, which she has mentioned several times throughout the years. So I know there is a risk for suicide. I'm sure many of you have advice as to how I should deal with my daughter and grieve for my mother. But this time I want to focus on me and this surgery. I want to live longer. You guys have kept encouraging me and so appreciate help.

I've worked hard making the diets work for me. For my 2-week pre-opt diet i drank SlimFast and they really taste good and they kept me from getting hungry. I also ate Atkins breakfast bars and snack bars and a small portion dinner. I lost 11 lbs. in 9 days. Now ive been on the 3-day liquid diet. I find it very difficult to get all my protein in each day. So i went to Whole Foods and bought one of the best unflavored protein powder called Whey Factors by National Factors. I just add a scoop to my soups and breakfast cereal like cream of wheat, malto meal, and oatmeal. I also add a little muscle milk to my hot cereals and my coffee. Taste great!

Hope someone finds this info helpful. Going into surgery this morning. I will keep you posted. The reward IS THE BEST THING! I can't wait to be able to do a lot of things that most people take for granted. Signing out and will see you o [/QUOTE]

Submit "Its been a tough road - Surgery  in 7 hours - Helpful tips for Eating!" to Digg Submit "Its been a tough road - Surgery  in 7 hours - Helpful tips for Eating!" to del.icio.us Submit "Its been a tough road - Surgery  in 7 hours - Helpful tips for Eating!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Its been a tough road - Surgery  in 7 hours - Helpful tips for Eating!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments