Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

itsmytime

Not minding the person in the reflection anymore...

Rate this Entry
About a month ago I started getting compliments on my weight loss. I hadn't really SEEN the change like I expected to. It took other people commenting on my weight loss for me to actually try to see the change. Clothes are different, face is different. I just was afraid to celebrate the weight loss because I didn't feel it was drastic enough. I started to take the time out finally to celebrate my changes. I am looking much slimmer. I caught a glimpse of myself in a reflection at the grocery store and was shocked by my skinny legs and much slimmer face. I still have a long way to go to get to my goal, but I'm trying to celebrate the small victories along the way. I am still dealing with strong issues during PMS. This is the only time since being sleeved that I feel out of control a bit. I have stronger cravings and I am a LOT hungrier. I usually battle with eating too much during this time. I hate it. Once it's over, I feel much more in control. The more I lose, the harder it is to keep losing though. I am at the point now where it's going to be harder and harder to lose weight. I hope in another 4 1/2 months I'll be at goal. I am 4 1/2 months out. So I have a lot more work to do. I think the biggest battle will be MAINTENANCE--the king issue so many have. Maintaining the weight loss is going to be the hardest part. I am looking forward to getting there--and hoping I will have enough smarts and dedication to stay there. I know I'm really happy I've been sleeved. It is nice not to feel completely out of control with food anymore. I am MUCH better equipped to deal with it now. The sleeve really does help a LOT. I just know that the sleeve really is a TOOL. I know some people hate that term--but it is. I could probably eat an entire box of crackers over the course of a day since they slide down so easily. I could eat plenty of ice cream if I wanted to and make the sleeve useless. You have to choose NOT to eat those things. Protein first is the rule I stick to all the time--and also I've never had a drink of anything while I eat. I feel like those are so important! The protein really does fill me and that is why the sleeve is a tool. Feed it right and it will work for you!

Submit "Not minding the person in the reflection anymore..." to Digg Submit "Not minding the person in the reflection anymore..." to del.icio.us Submit "Not minding the person in the reflection anymore..." to StumbleUpon Submit "Not minding the person in the reflection anymore..." to Google

Comments