Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

janetlea1973

8 months out --- still not eating a whole lot at one time -- woo hoo!!

Rate this Entry
I'm 8 months out from surgery and I still can't eat a whole lot at one time. I mean....to me some days it seems like a whole lot...but then my kids laugh at me and say "mom..seriously, you barely eat anything". My normal breakfast is a string cheese and 1/2 a premier protein bar at about 8....and I'm good til lunch. Hubby and I just got fried chicken (I think a first for me since surgery) I had a leg and I'm done. I cannot say enough about how much this is a life changing wonderful thing that I'm soo sooo grateful I have been able to do!

Submit "8 months out --- still not eating a whole lot at one time -- woo hoo!!" to Digg Submit "8 months out --- still not eating a whole lot at one time -- woo hoo!!" to del.icio.us Submit "8 months out --- still not eating a whole lot at one time -- woo hoo!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "8 months out --- still not eating a whole lot at one time -- woo hoo!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

yay!! so happy *with* you
    That is AWESOME! I was the same as you, i could tell i could eat more then i could at first, but 1 chicken leg and that was all! For me it stayed that way for about 6 more months then i noticed i could eat a bit more now that I am almost 3 years I worry a little bit about how much more i can eat, because it feels more "normal" to me, but it still is not a full regular portion. For example i can eat one regular size slice of pizza (sometimes 1/2 piece more) I can eat 1/2 a hamburger or one whole happy meal hamburger or if i eat any kids meal i usually cannot eat the whole thing only half. it is my guess that my stomach holds an average 4-5 year old child's amount. I truly hope it stays this way for the rest of my life! It is an amount i can enjoy and live with and not get fat! Love Rainbow
    Isn't it amazing how much we don't eat now and don't you realize how much you really ate before that was not necessary? I walked into our office kitchen the other day and a huge red velvet cake with cream cheese frosting was there. Before I could have devoured the WHOLE thing myself without blinking an eye as sweets were my main food group...but just looking at it made me almost sick. I have v little appetite right now and sometimes eat 2 ounces of food and at others the 4 ounce max. Here's to our wonderful sleeves and the healthy present and future we have before us. Long life ahead!!!