Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Rainbow

Advice for the Newbie just sleeved

Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
I have been on vacation in Alaska! Several newbie's asked me for some advice while i was gone, This is what i came up with:
Staying hydrated is 1st priority,SIP, SIP,SIP! healing tummy with soft mushy is 2nd. Protein is important, but at this early stage your tummy is still healing so for this 1st couple months you don't have to be fanatical about protein, soft mushy feels the best and is gentle for your stomach to heal. Also remember that your tummy is tiny now, like a baby, so you only need a tiny amount at a time 2 or 3 tablespoons, if you can fit more then great! but if you stuff too much you will "spit up" just like a baby! Atkins protein shakes or any protein powder you stir in milk that is LOW CARB is best for your weight-loss. I found cream of wheat and yogurt and oatmeal to be helpful at this point. you can also stir in added protein shake powder to these if you really want more protein.Yes i know these things have carbs, but you are eating so LITTLE that you will still lose weight, its just that protein will help you not CRAVE carbs and keeps you feeling full longer. I also loved mashed potatoes, they were nice and bland and set well. For the first 2 months you will be learning how to chew your food really really well to the consistency of liquid in your mouth. As time goes by and you are progressing with eating , try harder to eat protein first, and carbs second because you get full so quickly. It will seem to you that you are not eating Real portions "only tasting" but as long as you are taking a multivitamin then you are getting the nutrients you need! (chewable are best) There are some people that will tell you you need an expensive multivitamin, but my Dr. let me have Gummie Bear chewable and my blood work came back EXCELENT every time he checks my vitamin levels! I recommend them because you can chew them up really well and they give better absorption then swallowing a pill. Some people panic because they think they are dizzy and weak from lack of food, (I did) but the truth is if you feel weak and dizzy it is from dehydration, you have enough fuel...it is the fat...you have the nutrients..its the vitamins! The more you are able to stay hydrated the faster you will lose weight, because your pee flushes the fat away! NEVER EVER Drink And EAT at the SAME TIME!!!Just remember the first 2 months to be gentle with your new tummy, this is all about healing! You WILL lose weight, after 3 months is when you finally notice a big difference and start feeling more confident about the whole thing! You will find a balance that works for you! I know you probably have a fear that you will do it wrong and mess it up, but trust your sleeve, it is pretty much fool-proof! Take Care Love Rainbow

Submit "Advice for the Newbie just sleeved" to Digg Submit "Advice for the Newbie just sleeved" to del.icio.us Submit "Advice for the Newbie just sleeved" to StumbleUpon Submit "Advice for the Newbie just sleeved" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have been eating and drinking at the same time�� it feels like the food gets stuck in my chest. What do you do about that? I am 22 days post op
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12