Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

hoonah2

120 days out from my surgery.

Rate this Entry
Wow, It has been an amazing 4 months sleevers.
I have dropped 55 #. Dropped 3 pant sizes, 2 shirt sizes, and have been so very active this summer it is just an adventure everyday.
I went in and had my 3 month follow up with Dr. Billing last week. I told him, I have not had any vomiting, or dumping syndrome. Also the biggie, no NSAIDS for almost 5 months now! I have however lost hair, he had warned me, as my nutritionist had, that this would happen, no matter what. ( I have invested in Nioxin, and it has slowed the process). He said I was right on track with my weight loss!
I have been walking at least 3 miles every day, and a form of cardio every other day.
I also went to see my PCP, for my yearly physical. She walked through the door, and said " omg you look fabulous" She said she could immediatly see the weight loss in my face and neck. She also said, I would be a good candidiate for Plastic Surgery in a year or so. Yes, I have the Flabby Saggy arms, tummy thighs as well, and the girls, they are saggin too. She said that probably I will have good muscle tone and stregnth but I would be saggy flabby as well.eek:
This did not deter me. I was off on my my mini weekend with my BFF in Tri Cities. We did the pedicure thing and some wine tasting.. That was great, though, It did go straight to my head. ( the next time wine tasting is on the agenda, I will pack some almonds and crackers) I am very glad I was not the driver. We also went out on the Columbia River, It was so hot,, 100 degrees in the shade, and postcard perfect on the water and the view. We did some Jetskiing. my favorite summer past time. I donned my swimsuit and my lifejacket and headed out on the water.. A ski I was not accustomed to. and the water was choppy.
ZOOOOM, Off i went and jumped waves, chased some seagulls, and did not get close to dumping it. That 55 # is a huge difference when you are in charge of a PWC. Last summer I was always afraid of dumping myself,, which I did and it was next to impossible to get back on the succor. This year, IF I had dumped it. I have every confidence I can make it back on without the rescue boat coming to get me!
Upon my return home, I had a slight malfunction.. I got myself dehydrated, and got the heaves.. Ugh nasty. so I guess I now have expericanced a " side effect". I do have to share, I really hope that never happens again. but I was told that is a possiblity.
Now We are planning our trip to California leaving in just a few days. I am thrilled to peaces.. being able to hike without being winded, and maybe try a little paddle boarding.. why not!
Will check back with you later. hope all is well..
Smile it increases your face value..... dolly parton.. steel magnolias

Submit "120 days out from my surgery." to Digg Submit "120 days out from my surgery." to del.icio.us Submit "120 days out from my surgery." to StumbleUpon Submit "120 days out from my surgery." to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wow...sounds like you are really enjoying your life! The part I liked reading the most was no NSAIDS! I have been on Diclofenac for years and am hoping I don't ever get back on them (had to stop them two weeks prior to my upcoming surgery). My back is kiling me but I will hang in there with a couple Tylenol each day which takes the edge off.
    I haven't even told my PCP I'mh aving the surgery and won't see him until about 3 weeks after my surgery. I'm wondering if I will have lost enough weight at that early point that he will notice like your doc did.
    Not looking forward to the hair loss because I already have thin hair...have all my life! I may have to get a wig or something!!
    I am not sure if I will attempt a jet ski!!!!!!!! Even at 105 pounds and age 21, I don't know if I would have done that on my own...you are BRAVE~
    Thanks for sharing and keep us posted always!
    Congratulations..... I am 3.5 months out and have lost 50 1bs as of today!!! I havent had hair loss yet and was hoping it was not inevitable. I'm dreading that part of the process but am loving the weight loss!!
    Sounds fantastic, keep it up!