Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Rjbsmommy

14 Weeks Post Op

Rate this Entry
I'm done feeling bad about how little I've lost. Not going to get discouraged when I see others who've lost more in less time. I am me and I'm doing the best I can. Seeing progress and that's all that matters. Right?!!

So yesterday I had a post op check with my surgeon. In the past month I've lost 14.8 lbs for a total of 42.2 lbs (as of yesterday, today I'm at 43.2 lbs lost) He was happy. Told me that 15 lbs a month is a great rate of loss. This is the first visit since my surgery that he wasn't disappointed in my loss. (He's never been discouraging, but has always said, "well I had hoped you'd have higher numbers but.. we'll take what we can get." Yesterday he said, "You're doing great, keep it up" Made me feel SOOOO good.

I highly encourage anyone looking for a fun work out to check out Aqua Zumba classes. I started taking them a couple of months ago and am addicted to it. It's so much fun. I'm looking into trying a land class just haven't worked up the courage yet.

Wishing you all a very Happy Memorial Day Weekend.

Submit "14 Weeks Post Op" to Digg Submit "14 Weeks Post Op" to del.icio.us Submit "14 Weeks Post Op" to StumbleUpon Submit "14 Weeks Post Op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Low carb high protein diet.
    That's what I'm doing.
    You are doing great! You are right, everyone is different! Just think that you have lost 43 pounds that you will never see again! That is so encouraging! I have lost 30 pounds so far and I am happy with that because I have never lost 30 pounds before and kept it off.

Water Zumba sounds great. I am going to look that up in my area. I have done a few regular Zumba classes before surgery and they are really fun but I know I am not up for that yet but the water would be wonderful!
    I have been on alot of diets and have never had that much success in so short a time. It took me a hard year to lose 50lbs (presleeve) and then I gained it all back in 5 months. I think you are doing marvelous. I hope I have such great results. (now two weeks post op) I am really looking up to you! Great job!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjbsmommy
    That's what I'm doing.
    You're on your way, everybody is different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rjbsmommy
    That's what I'm doing.
    You're on your way, everybody is different.
    Keep up what you're doing and your attitude is great! Don't get discouraged. Yes, we are all different and the only person you're in competition with is your SELF. I love ZUMBA but have never heard of water zumba classes. We don't have it here in Las Vegas that I'm aware of. Anyhow, next week I plan on going back to the gym to begin on the treadmill and perhaps the bike for a few more weeks, then will add some strength training little by little to build my muscle tone. The zumba will come a little later I think. Keep us posted on your progress.
    I also have felt like my weight loss is slower than many... but I am in my 50s and that can go against speed in weight loss. Overall, once the initial loss happened after surgery, I seem to lose 2 pounds a week... 8 pounds a month. I'm eating low carb/high protein, exercising at least 3 X weekly with cardio and weights. The scale isn't as reassuring as my clothes... I've gone down sizes and nothing in my closet fits. I'm 9 weeks out and have lost about 37# since surgery... but don't feel like I am doing anything difficult. I could continue this program for a long time... and that is what I will probably need to do to get to my goal.
    Keep it up... you seem to be doing good work!
    AQUA ZUMBA...hmmmm....now that is something I might try...nobody will be able to see when I screw up!!! I will look for it in my neighborhood!
    WOW Great Job, Great Attitude! Thanx for the Aqua Zumba info! I am going to be checking for that here! Low impact and FUN!! LOL Msvetrn, when i am only pretending to go through the motions nobody will know! ~Rainbow
    Wow 14 pounds in a month that is awesome! I'm trying to have your attitude but when I read the 14 pounds my mouth hit the ground because I'm not loosing even 2 pounds a week. Great job!