Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Sara1984

4 days post op

Rate this Entry
Good morning all so today is my fourth day post-op ( surgery was Monday May 7th) the first day or two was rough. Like most of the blogs stated the gas pain was worst then anything. Walking is the key to getting rid of it although it seems to come and go, which from what I read is normal. I was able to walk from the very day of my surgery, I am not having any problems keeping any liquids down, I even sipped on a protein drink post op day 2 ( not much but a couple sips gonna work on that more). I have no hunger whatsoever which is GREAT! I love the fact that I am NOT hungry at all! I know this sleeve is going to be a wonderful tool, I have not weighed myself and honestly don't really want to just yet, I want to focus on healing and getting my routine down before I worry about the weight coming off because I know it will. If I had to complain about anything it would be my sleeping pattern. I have not gotten much sleep since surgery bc I am just not comfortable enough to sleep through an entire 8 hours. But I try to take my pain meds right before bed time and when I wake up its normally 4-5 hours later which it is okay for me to take them again, and by then I'm usually needing a little more. I am looking forward to feeling more like myself every day and promise to keep you all posted. Thanks to for the prayers and support, this is truly an amazing site with amazing people. Happy Friday All!!!

Submit "4 days post op" to Digg Submit "4 days post op" to del.icio.us Submit "4 days post op" to StumbleUpon Submit "4 days post op" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

The scale needs to be put aside like you said.. I know you will be up and running around like you were before in no time.. Enjoy these days away from work, that is what I am looking forward to haha.. I'm waiting for my surgery date right now so hopefully i'll be right behind you =)
    Congratulations on getting the surgery behind you! I agree with not weighing yet. Wise decision. I heard that the fluid from the IV can make you retain water an weight more but it goes a way in days. My surgery is the 21st and I'm nervous and scared of course. I will be so glad to be on the other side. This Preop diet is killing me.. LOL I would love to NOT be hungry!
    Lisa I got mine for the 21st too!! Gd luck to you !!!
    Thanks ladies, and your special day is coming quick!!! Prayers for you both a safe surgery and a speedy recovery!