Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

ubuibeme

Cravings on liquid protein diet for Pre-op

Rate this Entry
I will be on a liquid protein diet for two weeks starting on Monday. I have been looking around at different kinds of protein drinks and have tried a few ahead of time just to see what they are like. They are okay but, really not liking the idea of the sweet taste everytime! I don't have a huge sweet tooth to begin with. My cravings/weakness is salt and coffee. I have seen a few protein drinks like chicken broth Vegetable soup but has anyone seen any others that have at least 20g of protein and less than 10carbs?

Submit "Cravings on liquid protein diet for Pre-op" to Digg Submit "Cravings on liquid protein diet for Pre-op" to del.icio.us Submit "Cravings on liquid protein diet for Pre-op" to StumbleUpon Submit "Cravings on liquid protein diet for Pre-op" to Google

Comments

Syntrax makes a bunch that are not the typical "shake" kind of protein. They come in flavors like roadside lemonade, strawberry kiwi, apple ecstasy, Caribbean cooler, crystal sky, fuzzy navel, lemon tea, pink grapefruit, twisted cherry. These might appeal to you more than chocolate, vanilla and strawberry milkshake types. They are offering a sample kit this month, 14 full serving packets for $14, free shipping, you have to call though. The number is 866-333-7403 x803. This is a better deal than the other sites that sell these samples. Most of them sell single serve packets for $2-$3 each.
    Heck, if you want a few to try, and not order the whole sample, I have some I will send you. I don't care for them. PM me your address and I'd be happy to drop a few in the mail to you.
    Thanks! I actually called them yesterday and ordered the sample kit. I am trying a little of everything.
    I'm starting pre-op with you - we have the same surgery date. I've tried so many different protein shakes/drink and I keep going back to Ensure High Protein. I recently tried Isopure Clear and the aftertaste is unbearable. Good luck!
    im almost done with my 2 week liquid . the protein that got me through and wasnt hungry . just major headache giving up my dunkin donut light and sweet ,offer that but anyway gnc sells choc,straw thats what i got and van isopure 0 carbs 0 sugar and 50 gm protein 2 scoops
    i also put a yogurt and ice blend and it is awesome. Your lucky i couldn't have broth .my surgery is may 16th