Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

brianamato

Phew.. surgery done - 7 days ago!

Rate this Entry
Quote Originally Posted by brianamato View Post
Wow what a ride
7 months dealing with insurance, group meetings, excercise classes, family issues.. wow now when do I become skinny!! I know I know.. save your breath.. Hard to beleive it's been 7 days since.. I wanted to get this out before I forget for anybody that is going in soon..

My experience and tips:
I had a DRAIN coming out of my stomach to catch extra liquid - yum
This Drain needs to be pinnned up to your shirt during the day and night. No problems, right.. Now getting in the shower the first day home, I had my wife take a pair of her stockings and tied them into a knot at both ends. I placed this nylon stocking ring over my head and pinned the Drain to it while I showered.

Changing the dressing on the Drain - For all you hairy guys and um girls; after the bandages come off the first time have your Nurse shave a 5x5 inch square around the drain BEFORE they retape it.

My tastes buds did change after - im on my full liquid diet until tomorrow and I am really tired of surgar free jello and puddings. I am a coffee junkie and I could not stand the taste. GOD I hope that goes away.

Buy a pill crusher, the back of the spon is fine when you are home from work with no time limit, but I had to be somewhere in the AM and it took some time to crush the pills.

LISTEN TO YOUR DOCTOR - My friend had the surgery done a couple of years ago and his "diet" before and after were a little different than mine.. Example, I was told I am allowed to have low fat cream based soups during my week after stage. My buds Dr. told him only clear soups.
We are not doctors, I love the commercial that has the Dr. using the jack hammer - "you dont want your Dr. doing your job, dont do his.." funny but true..

um... If anybody has any questions about the after surgery just ask!!

I received a card from my mother in law, congradulating me on this next chapter in my life.. How true this statement is.. Im 41 years old, current weight 260. Heaviest was 350 (lost, gained, lost gained, bla bla).

Thanks for reading, on to Chapter 42 - Living as a thin man in a thin world..

Submit "Phew.. surgery done - 7 days ago!" to Digg Submit "Phew.. surgery done - 7 days ago!" to del.icio.us Submit "Phew.. surgery done - 7 days ago!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Phew.. surgery done - 7 days ago!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Congrats! So glad my doc doesn't use drains!
    Congrats on your "rebirth" you will rock this and wonder why you waited so long like the rest of us!
    My doctor told me that the drains are very important, lets them know if there is leaks in the new tummy and if there is infections...rather have the drians and know all is good inside than to wonder... best to all !!