Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

soccermom

Getting me back!

Rate this Entry
Well I had my surgery on 4/10/12. After waking up in recovery, I had a lot of pain. However, when I was able to start using my pain pump (with morphine) I was able to get comfortable. I got to my room about 5 pm and took my first walk down the hall around 8. Not too bad. It actually made me feel better. I took 2 more through the night as I didn't sleep very well. one particular problem I had was spasming of my left side for no apparent reason. It would just spasm and cause me to moan. It was really strong.

On 4/11/12 I went home at about noon. I was walking well. I was able to take my 1 ounce sips over 15 minutes without difficulty. Still had lots of pain on my left side which is what my doctor prepared me for. I got down about 30 grams of protein that day. I had a really hard time getting into and out of my bed due to the left sided pain. That night was fairly uncomfortable. I had to lay flat on my back and was still having difficulty rolling to either side. I spent part of the night in bed and part of the night in a recliner.

On 4/12/12 I took a shower, started my B12 and vitamin D plus my protein drinks. I was again, only able to get down about 30 grams of protein. I walked 3 times for 15 min., 20 min., and 15 minutes. I napped only 1 time for about 20 minutes. I was ready for bed by 9 pm. I was very tired and very sore. I think maybe that 3 walks was 1 too many. I also finally started getting rid of all the gas which helped. Oh, also, I have to give myself Lovenox injections to prevent blood clots due to my past history. I rather hate that part! One really nice thing is that I have not had any nausea! I was really scared of that prior to surgery. Oh weight-wise I am still about the same as when I went in to surgery. I think on account of the swelling and gas. My stomach is still pretty bloated.

Submit "Getting me back!" to Digg Submit "Getting me back!" to del.icio.us Submit "Getting me back!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Getting me back!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Awesome to hear. I had my surgery 4/4/12. Unlike you, I have had nausea =( .. it sucks. Im glad you dont have it. Luckily I have meds to keep it in check! Just know that it gets better each day. Goodluck to you!