Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Mbaker

Stall so early!!!

Rate this Entry
Hello everyone!!! I hope all is well. Quick question: Has anyone ever had a stall as quick as their 3rd week post op? My scales havent moved in five days!!! Starting to stress a little. I am getting in about 500-600 calories a day which I think is good for my third week!!! Just don't understand!!! Lost 30 lbs including pre-op and the full two weeks after surgery, but now all this week nothing!!! I am so scared that this is an indicator that I'm going to once again fail at this!!! Please advise!!! Hope everyone has a sparkly day!!!!!

Submit "Stall so early!!!" to Digg Submit "Stall so early!!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Stall so early!!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Stall so early!!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am also at a stall. I had surgery the 7th of Feb. But noticed this morning that I lost a pound. Don't get discouraged everyones body is different. You will lose more!
    I can't speak from experience as I haven't gotten sleeved yet ( tuesday is my day). But with all I have read on here it looks like that happens alot at around 3 weeks. Seems our tummy's get a little ill with us and have some adjusting to do. Be patient (be sure and tell me that in about 3 1.2 weeks when I hit it). All will work out some have said they upped their calories and little and it jump started it back again. Best of luck.
    Well Mbaker, welcome to the club. I'm 2 months post-op and hit my stall at 1 week post-op. I really wish I could be the voice of encouragement here, but quite honestly I can't. For 7 weeks, yes I said 7---SEVEN!!!) my scales have not moved!!! I typically weigh just once a week, that being Wednesday, and just this week (week 8) I believe I've finally seen that darn thing move. Mind you in recent weeks, I've been ubber conscious of my calorie intake (I journal every bite I take) and upon the recommendation of my nutritionist stay around +/-800 cal/day. I've started taking a Zumba class once a week--Monday (would take it more often but that's the only day she offers it), then on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturuday I'm training for a 5K (downloaded a training app to my phone---love it!!), and finally on Wednesday, Friday and Sunday I do weights. And with all that I'm still not seeing any real progress. So I'm actually beginning to think I may be the only freak on here that has had this happen to them for this long and am SOOOO afraid that this is not going to work for me. So far in my 2 months post-op I've lost a whopping 20 lbs.
    However, with all that said, from what I read on here most people's stall seems to last only a week or maybe 2 at the most. Don't be alarmed that you are stalling already. My nutritionist, surgeon, and counselor all reassure me that "stalls', plateaus...whatever you wanna call them...still happen. Just continue doing what you are supposed to do.
    I will tell you like I've told others here....... stay strong and I'll do the same!!!
    Yes at 3 weeks I stalled for 3 weeks, I know it is depressing but it will pass just keep up the right things for your diet and you will start to lose again, just give your body time to cathch up to your loss.
    Yes MBaker I lost 30lbs and stalled in the 3rd week. no gain no loss. I also had my sleeve on Feb. 7th and waiting to see from here. It's not fun to see this at week 3 but it's not totally unusual. That's why they call it a stall. In a week very soon you metabolism motor will fire up again and you'll be fine...
    Consider it a good way to let the skin catch up these stalls, so all is good!!!!