Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Adanso2020

Hello, i need some tips

Rate this Entry
I'm starting my pre-op diet in 2 days. The sample manu from my surgeon is very generic and seems like it will be hard to follow, especially having to eat salads and other getable every single day of the 33 days diet. But it is paramount that I shrink my liver to reduce any complication, during and after the sleeve. Can anyone help me with hat they ate on their pre-op?

Submit "Hello, i need some tips" to Digg Submit "Hello, i need some tips" to del.icio.us Submit "Hello, i need some tips" to StumbleUpon Submit "Hello, i need some tips" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I was on Optifast for 3 weeks prior to surgery.
    One item each for breakfast, lunch, dinner with the addition of 1 cup of vegetables (not potatoes etc) with dinner. Boy did I look forward to those veges!
    The Optifast products were shakes, bars, soups or desserts. I stuck with the shakes and bars. The soups are not very nice and I wanted to get out of the habit of dessert type products.

This was the worst part of the whole process but even then it wasn't so bad. I knew it was for a finite period and that it was to benefit my surgery.

All the best, I hope it goes well for you.
    I also did optifast, like KiwiGal. But only 2 weeks. And I did have a slight headache the first three days, but I knew if I couldn't get through the 2 weeks, I might have to rethink the surgery
    I was on protein drinks for 5 days. Could also have stuff like sugar free popsicles, broth, whatever. Boring but so worth it!

Crazy how every doctor is so different. 33 days?!? But you should probably do what he/she says.
    I was simply put on a low fat diet and since I was already eating that way, I didn't have any problem. I ate things like yogurt, cereal, salads with lean meats, veggies--very little to no sugar. Lots of water. Try to start eliminating soda if you are a soda drinker. Weigh and measure your food. Portion control is very important.
    I was on a pre op diet for 3 months eating basically nothing, 1000-1200 calories a day but no carbs, starches, etc... had to begin eating properly. Then a pure liquid diet 10 days before surgery...I thought I was going to die, LOL! I wont touch the clear protein punch drinks (but still have a chocolate protein drink every day), those drinks made me sick. I did have SF popsicles, clear broth and some jello, not red colored jello. I survived, over 3.5 years ago... and it was so worth it.
    Hello. I would like to lose weight without harm to my health. Give me some advice