Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

View RSS Feed

Aydensmomma

Getting birth control removed today!!

Rate this Entry
Hey all!
So about 2 weeks ago I called my doctor and told her the list of problems I have been having since October, when I recieved Nexplanon, which is an IUD placed in the arm. Supposed to good for 5 years, I read some facts they all sounded good. Well, fast forward to right now. I am up 25lbs, and no I haven't changed my diet. And it baffles me because all through the sleeve process it's been calories in vs calories out but somehow I gained 25lbs on 1200-1400 cal a day intake. I have the worst acne of my life, and it's mostly along the "beard line" which I learned is usually hormonal acne. I am bitchy, short fuse. I suffer from migraines but since October my migraines have doubled, maybe tripled and I have a headache the entire week before my period, oh an my period (maybe tmi) lasts 2+ weeks) wtf?!
So I ended up looking up reviews, countless people have the same issues. Lots if complaints of weight gain. Very frustrating.
When I called the doctor tells me they aren't doing "elective" procedures but since I'm having a bad reaction she was going to request an appointment to remove and it was approved!! So I'm headed out in an hour, I'm excited to have it out, but I'm not excited to get it actual taken out lol. Gonna hurt later.
Hopefully after my body goes back to normal I will start to lose what I gained.
I hope everyone is doing well!!

Submit "Getting birth control removed today!!" to Digg Submit "Getting birth control removed today!!" to del.icio.us Submit "Getting birth control removed today!!" to StumbleUpon Submit "Getting birth control removed today!!" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm sorry you are having issues with your implant.

The thing I noticed the most for me was how hormones make me gain weight like crazy. Any kind...and the bad bad boy is cortisone.

Obesity is mainly an hormonal issue for most people, linked to the microbiote too, those bacterias in our gut have a huge impact on our body balance, I gain weight if I take antibiotics too, with the same diet.

Hopefully things will get back to normal when it's removed.
    Take care!
    I got it out yesterday, little sore. I really hope now that it's out my hormones will go back to the way they were ��
    The �� was an emoji of fingers crossed lol
    Good thing it's done!!
    hopefully you will feel better really soon.
    To help hormonal balance, you can try to take some evening primerose oil capsules. It does help many people and even my daughter find it helpful to regulate her periods. I would associate it with a good probiotic (many strains).
    Good luck!
    Ah, that sucks your body didn't take to it. My daughter has nexplannon. She loves it. It completely stops her periods. This is my same daughter who had such devastating effects from VSG. When they first discovered she had multiple strokes, the first thing they did was take her birth control out just in case that was the culprit. It wasn't, and her doctor allowed her to get it again shortly after she was released from the hospital. She just had it replaced again in February, and after a weird severely sore arm for two weeks, she's been doing well with it again. Hope you're able to find a BC method that works for you, because God knows babies don't help with weight loss ;-)